Metalcore Returns!!! - All That Remains - Divine

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I love Heavy Metal, but I guess I'm too old now. This Metalcore style doesn't do much for me. Well, maybe some, as I do like BFMV.

I love/prefer old school Thrash.....

Last edited:

Rambro

Established Member
Pallbearer is a really good, newish progressive doom metal band. I used to listen to old death metal and all that stuff. But as I get older, I prefer the slower stuff. Pallbearer has elements of soo many good band that I can hear from Sabbath, to Pink Floyd, to Alice In Chains. Awesome band.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
No Metalcore for me just Brutal or Technical Death Metal! I will say Metalcore is still 1000% better than what the majority of people listen to now.

I typically like metalcore still but the singing can sometimes ruin it for me depending how it's done, like the All That Remains song posted. At first it sounded alright and then he started singing and I was like "Nope, that's why I never liked them to begin with". I usually know by the first chorus if it's going to click for me.

I haven't been listening to it much but have found that I still really enjoy Norma Jean's music as their style has progressed. The singing parts they do have actually fit with the rest of the music.

NoSloCoupe

Established Member
Heard it when it dropped, still not feeling it after a few listens. It's the new guitar player i can't get into....and Phils cleans doesn't pull me in

Edit....its growing on me

Last edited:

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
I typically like metalcore still but the singing can sometimes ruin it for me depending how it's done, like the All That Remains song posted. At first it sounded alright and then he started singing and I was like "Nope, that's why I never liked them to begin with". I usually know by the first chorus if it's going to click for me.

I haven't been listening to it much but have found that I still really enjoy Norma Jean's music as their style has progressed. The singing parts they do have actually fit with the rest of the music.

That's the main thing that bothers me is the clean (emo) style vocals. I agree sometimes the music starts out good and then they ruin it. Plus the typical Metalcore breakdowns all sound the same.

Blackoyote

Established Member
Metalcore didn't go anywhere, been soooooo much good stuff in last couple of years!

Hell even ATRs last album I thought was a banger, Blood I Spill and **** Love were the shit.

If you haven't been following Polaris, look into them.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Jason brings a welcome new level of guitar speed and life to ATR. The harmonized dual guitar work is also a badass add. Those drum blasts: Not sure if Costa or Barone recorded those. It'll be something to hear those in a live show.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
That's the main thing that bothers me is the clean (emo) style vocals. I agree sometimes the music starts out good and then they ruin it. Plus the typical Metalcore breakdowns all sound the same.

That's why I mentioned Norma Jean because I can't do the really clean and girly sounding parts. They've added more "clean" vocals in their later albums but his clean vocals are very grungy but it's great and fits. Their newer stuff has been great for that reason.

He Is Legend is another good one that's like that with their cleans, very grungy and it works. The lead singer can't scream much anymore from what I understand so it's more clean vocals but he has a good voice for the style. China White 3 is one of my favorite rock songs to the day.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread