Grilling Season Thread

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Grilling in the summer is so smart here in Florida.

Nothing makes that AC work harder than a stovetop and oven making a meal.

robvas

Established Member

Attachments

• IMG_0609.jpeg
    IMG_0609.jpeg
    182.7 KB · Views: 33

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Grilling in the summer is so smart here in Florida.

Nothing makes that AC work harder than a stovetop and oven making a meal.
Especially when you slow cook for 6 hours or more. When we use the turkey roaster for stuff, I set it up on the lanai outside due to the heat.

patc84

Established Member
^^^^^^^^^ you wont regret it. The heat retention is insane.

i love mine. i have a large and thats fine for 3-4 people. I also have 2 weber kettles that i can resort to as well.

bird_dog0347

Established Member
I have the XL and it's great for my family of 4. As stated above, the heat retention is great, but it's also the BGE's biggest downside/issue. If you are planning to smoke a brisket for example, and you want to run it at lets say 225, DO NOT get it too hot or let it run up to like 350-400 as it will take a long time to cool back down.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I have the XL and it's great for my family of 4. As stated above, the heat retention is great, but it's also the BGE's biggest downside/issue. If you are planning to smoke a brisket for example, and you want to run it at lets say 225, DO NOT get it too hot or let it run up to like 350-400 as it will take a long time to cool back down.
That's the onnly reason I didn't go with one.

patc84

Established Member

Yup, as soon as mine is creeping 175-200 those vents close to just a sliver to get me 250 or whatever low and slow temp im aiming for.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
You ****ers really got my lookin at a BGE....
Efficiency of my kamado is crazy.

Loaded up on charcoal for an 18hr pork butt smoke, had enough charcoal left over for burgers and dogs the next day.

Today, smoking some beef bones for bone marrow butter, then smoke some steaks, then sear em. Should be about 5hrs of 225 low and slow smoking and then crank it to 700 for the sear

Users who are viewing this thread

• MFE