Wednesday Joke

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Went to WV, sat in the hospital for 3 hours and then brought her home.
Spent yesterday setting up local doctor appointments, in home PT, applied for a handicapped parking permit, etc. Using a walker, can't go far, pain mostly from muscle spasms. PT did get by yesterday to get her started with some exercises. Last night was not good, but got her up the stairs to her bed where she will be more comfortable. I am a better patient than nurse. Friends have hooked us up with food for the next few days and I have plenty of help to sit with her when I have to go out - took off work this week.
She is MUCH better than when she was in the hospital just two days ago. So, progress. All we can ask for at this point.

DO NOT open any emails from Hormel Foods.
It's likely spam...

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sorry Shame GIF by reactionseditor

I forgot about your wife going to the hospital, and when I started reading your update, I was looking for a punch-line. My bad! :eek::oops:

I agree with Brad for her quick recovery. And for your own stamina. I'm sure you are taking GOOD care of her. I remember almost two years ago when my wife had bunion surgery on her foot. She was pretty much restricted to her (comfortable) reclining/heated chair. I had to do a circulating cold water patch around her foot every hour. I had to do her meals, wash clothes, etc. to a higher extent than I usually do. She was very grateful, and did well.

Good SPAM joke, by the way. LOL.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry Shame GIF by reactionseditor

I forgot about your wife going to the hospital, and when I started reading your update, I was looking for a punch-line. My bad! :eek::oops:

I agree with Brad for her quick recovery. And for your own stamina. I'm sure you are taking GOOD care of her. I remember almost two years ago when my wife had bunion surgery on her foot. She was pretty much restricted to her (comfortable) reclining/heated chair. I had to do a circulating cold water patch around her foot every hour. I had to do her meals, wash clothes, etc. to a higher extent than I usually do. She was very grateful, and did well.

Good SPAM joke, by the way. LOL.
Thanks, Bob! She says I am doing an amazing job, but I feel I am not doing as good a job. But, she's got everything she needs and gets a little better every day.

ssssnake

Established Member
Spent yesterday setting up local doctor appointments, in home PT, applied for a handicapped parking permit, etc. Using a walker, can't go far, pain mostly from muscle spasms. PT did get by yesterday to get her started with some exercises. Last night was not good, but got her up the stairs to her bed where she will be more comfortable. I am a better patient than nurse. Friends have hooked us up with food for the next few days and I have plenty of help to sit with her when I have to go out - took off work this week.
She is MUCH better than when she was in the hospital just two days ago. So, progress. All we can ask for at this point.

It's likely spam...

ssssnake

Established Member

It's likely spam...

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
So sorry to hear this Fred. Prayers for her and you during this time.
I am going to be a little nicer than ^^^^^^....

First, thank you for your words. Slow progress.

Second, HEY GIRL!!! Great to hear from you, hope you doing well!

Users who are viewing this thread