BITCOIN

98SVTContour98

Established Member
This is very cool to see, but I’d prefer to see apple … or Nvidia.. or just another Top 10 company.

Definitely constructive though.
Why aren’t the big dawgs doing it when they’re sitting on trillions in cash/T bills.

they have more reason to be conservative...whereas, smaller companies can be more aggressive and have incentive to do so.

98SVTContour98

Established Member
Okay, but the volatility and large short positions of stocks like MSTR make some traders like myself rather apprehensive. In April, bitcoin went down 11% but MSTR went down almost 29%. If I was going to go into crypto I would avoid the stocks that buy it and go a more direct route. Leverage can really burn you sometimes.

oh no doubt.

I think the time to get into SMLR is now, at their first announcement...if you have the risk tolerance for it. the time to get into MSTR, was in 2020 or during the last BTC bear market.

There is another foreign company...I think something out of Japan, MetaPlanet or something like that....that is executing the MSTR strategy. not sure how to buy that one tho.

VegasMichael

Established Member
True, but next time that happens buy into MSTR and get that extra bounce back up. From May 1 to now MSTR is up more than 50%, while BTC is only up about 20%.
Well, in all fairness, you're kind of cherry picking there. No one knew on that particular day it would bottom but I hear what you're saying. I'm just not comfortable with these types of stocks.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Well, in all fairness, you're kind of cherry picking there. No one knew on that particular day it would bottom but I hear what you're saying. I'm just not comfortable with these types of stocks.

Sure, but on a generally ascending stock, when it's been beaten down by 20%, 30%, or in the case of MSTR over 40% off it's recent highs, it's a prime candidate for a bounce back. You don't have to call the bottom, just call the severe beating. If you'd bought in anywhere from the first week of April to the middle of May you'd be ahead right now. Another option is putting a small amount in each week or month and dollar cost into it.

I hear you on the comfort level. It's extremely uncomfortable when when of my biggest holdings drops by what MSTR did, but when I see countless experts changing their minds on Bitcoin and starting to give huge predictions, for me it's worth the ups and downs on the way there.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Sure, but on a generally ascending stock, when it's been beaten down by 20%, 30%, or in the case of MSTR over 40% off it's recent highs, it's a prime candidate for a bounce back. You don't have to call the bottom, just call the severe beating. If you'd bought in anywhere from the first week of April to the middle of May you'd be ahead right now. Another option is putting a small amount in each week or month and dollar cost into it.

I hear you on the comfort level. It's extremely uncomfortable when when of my biggest holdings drops by what MSTR did, but when I see countless experts changing their minds on Bitcoin and starting to give huge predictions, for me it's worth the ups and downs on the way there.
I wish you the best with it but it is just not for me.

MG0h3

Established Member
True, but next time that happens buy into MSTR and get that extra bounce back up. From May 1 to now MSTR is up more than 50%, while BTC is only up about 20%.

Is MSTR is experiencing a short squeeze?

Maybe someone that knows the numbers to create this situation can elaborate or deny.

Short float is over 21%. That’s extremely high.

Insider selling is high.

Institutional selling is fairly high.

They literally make zero money. It’s so bad, I can’t even find a PE ratio, which makes sense because there’s no earnings, only losses.

Just be careful and don’t let your gains slip away.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MG0h3

Established Member
IMG_2215.JPG

Two of my screeners just had dashes for the PE but my E*trade shows it as zero

Negative $9 per share.

What does this company even do?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Fat Boss

Established Member
MSTR has a software business that IIRC just breaks even. As they continue to acquire more BTC, the s/w side of the business becomes less important I would think. It's a gamble, but based on the gamble of BTC. So far, so good.

Users who are viewing this thread