Who Offers Lower Intake Porting Services?

GM2Ford

Established Member
Anyone know of a person / company that still offers this as service for the 03-04 terminators?

03' White Snake

Established Member
1320 Junkie did mine. He seems to only do a few a year, and over the winter time only. Can reach out on IG to him and see when he is accepting orders again.

Unless you are making 800+ HP, it is a waste. It’s worth maybe 15-20 HP. $800-$1000…. Just add 1 more psi of boost and call it a day.

Last edited:

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
1320 Junkie did mine. He seems to only do a few a year, and over the winter time only. Can reach out on IG to him and see when he is accepting orders again.

Unless you are making 800+ HP, it is a waste. It’s worth maybe 15-20 HP. $800-$1000…. Just add 1 more psi of boost and call it a day.
It's really that expensive to have the lower intake manifold ported? I was considering doing it while I have mine out. Maybe I could find someone local that can do it for cheaper. Definitely not worth it for that price tag though.

Sent from my SM-S536DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03' White Snake

Established Member
It's really that expensive to have the lower intake manifold ported? I was considering doing it while I have mine out. Maybe I could find someone local that can do it for cheaper. Definitely not worth it for that price tag though.

Sent from my SM-S536DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Yea it’s that expensive. I paid $850 3 years ago and that was with a sale going on. You can try local for sure.

IMG_7539.png
IMG_7537.png
IMG_7538.png

railroad

Established Member
Is extrude hone still an option and what does it cost.
My 99 Cobra had the replacement extrude hone intake installed by Ford dealers.
It is some slick surface.

DCguy

Established Member
When i had mine out of the car i cleaned it up a fair amount. Its not a port job by any means but with a wire brush, dremmel, and a few other attachments it made a nice difference. Its now much smoother and not so pitted. Port opening not caked up and injector holes cleaned up. DIY with about 3 hours of labor.
IMG_3188.png

GM2Ford

Established Member

another bump for 1320junkie. he does amazing work and again, if your not making 800+... its not worth it. porting the lower is for max effort cobras. there have been back to back dyno graphs in the past showing no gain below 800.

Okay, awesome. I will try & reach out to 1320junkie on instagram. I also do pretty much have a max effort build going on.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I wonder if adding some kind of divider in the center to guide the air would be worth anything? So the air isn't just hitting a flst wall.

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
I wonder if adding some kind of divider in the center to guide the air would be worth anything? So the air isn't just hitting a flst wall.
I think there is still room for improvement on the lower manifolds of these cars. It would be fun to experiment if you had access to a dyno for a weekend.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
Slawko Racing. They do the porting for a lot of race engine builders. And again, it's only really ideal for effort builds, definitely gains to be had over a 1000.

wckdvnm

Established Member
Slawko Racing. They do the porting for a lot of race engine builders. And again, it's only really ideal for effort builds, definitely gains to be had over a 1000.

There may be gains but nothing in terms of power possibly? Has any other variable been tested for it besides power gains?
There was some doing testing on what else benefited from this but haven’t read anything on that in many years.

Users who are viewing this thread