Current New Vehicle Market

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I wish that I had an honest Ford dealer here like 13COBRA

I am stuck with a local Ford dealer that has salesman that can't speak in English. The Sales Manager thinks a Ford Mach-E is the same as a Ford Shelby GT350. Here:

www.jimellisford.com

I say upper Ford management also has no clue. The stock price ($12) is the same as it was 30 years ago. The performance engineers have saved the Ford brand from complete BK.

I have heard of excessive drug use in Ford Hd'q?

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Why else would Ford stock be stuck at $12 with dividends paid or not?

I still say the Ford performance engineering department is worth more than Ford itself.

I remember back in 1997 when Ford sold it's Finance unit (Assoc. Financial Services) as well as an engineering unit.

They once owned Jaguar and Aston Martin which could be part of Ford Performance today.

Have you priced a 2004-2005 Ford GT lately? Or the 2017-2023 GT? It's the engineers that got it done.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Why else would Ford stock be stuck at $12 with dividends paid or not?

I still say the Ford performance engineering department is worth more than Ford itself.

I remember back in 1997 when Ford sold it's Finance unit (Assoc. Financial Services) as well as an engineering unit.

They once owned Jaguar and Aston Martin which could be part of Ford Performance today.

Have you priced a 2004-2005 Ford GT lately? Or the 2017-2023 GT? It's the engineers that got it done.
Ford stopped building cars people actually want. And when they do they only build 10 of them and charge 500k each. It makes no sense. Build a great car, build and sell a million of them at an affordable price and repeat. The management has absolutely destroyed an American icon.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Ford stocks biggest hurdle is Ford Credit.
I would argue this guy is also on top of the hurdle list.

1715687053137.gif

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good job ignoring the fact that Investing in depreciating assets inhibits wealth generation.

Didn't you say that Ford Credit was the reason that Ford stock is not working as an investment?

What the **** are you talking about? lol

I'm not ignoring any fact. The screenshot had nothing to do with his post. It was just interesting information that I wanted to share.

Ford Credit is a HUGE reason that Ford stock is stagnant. Investors don't like to invest in things that are hidden behind a curtain. Ford Motor Company and Ford Motor Credit are the same company...but different at the same time.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
After taking 2 minutes to think about it. Before you post anything on this forum, you should go take your GT350 around the block once, then come back and see if your post still makes sense in your head.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Depends on how 'used' they are. In terms of age.

Also.

View attachment 1840560
Thats actually good news, still far from what it was once.

Was just curious regarding the APR's how much apart they are on used (1-4 yrs old) vs new cars. Noticed Ford is promoting certain new vehicles with either 0% (mainly EV) or 1.9% on 60/72 months as opposed to their regular 7%~ APR with great credit on the rest.

Seen credit unions on used vehicles getting best of 6.75-7% on used for also 1-3 yr old cars on 60/72 loans

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thats actually good news, still far from what it was once.

Was just curious regarding the APR's how much apart they are on used (1-4 yrs old) vs new cars. Noticed Ford is promoting certain new vehicles with either 0% (mainly EV) or 1.9% on 60/72 months as opposed to their regular 7%~ APR with great credit on the rest.

Seen credit unions on used vehicles getting best of 6.75-7% on used for also 1-3 yr old cars on 60/72 loans

Standard Ford Credit rates are adjusted 1-2% higher than bank/ credit union rates.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
What the **** are you talking about? lol
What did you not understand?
...the fact that Investing in depreciating assets inhibits wealth generation.

It means borrowing money at 9%+ is not a good deal for most families that are buying a car. I think the 72-month loan for a car/truck is nuts.

I say save money while getting interest on your money and show up to the dealer with cash money. You can tell the dealer that you want the best deal, or you will go another Ford dealer. Simple math.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What did you not understand?
...the fact that Investing in depreciating assets inhibits wealth generation.

It means borrowing money at 9%+ is not a good deal for most families that are buying a car. I think the 72-month loan for a car/truck is nuts.

I say save money while getting interest on your money and show up to the dealer with cash money. You can tell the dealer that you want the best deal, or you will go another Ford dealer. Simple math.

You clearly didn't take a drive around the neighborhood before posting that garbage.

At this point you're arguing with yourself lol Do I think 9% is a stellar interest rate, no. Do I think it's better than what it's been in the past, yes. Is it worth paying it if it's your only means for reliable transportation, yes. Would I focus on paying it down faster, yes.

IM NOT ARGUING ANYTHING CONTRARY TO WHAT YOU SAID, EXCEPT...

You ended that with an idiotic, contradicting comment. Why pay cash for a depreciating asset, instead of making money on your money? 23 F150s are 1.9% for 72. Only a fool can't make 1.9%+ per year for 6 years on their money.

Your posts are dumb. I don't think you're dumb, but I also don't think you read/think through your posts before hitting "post reply".

Users who are viewing this thread