Grilling Season Thread

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Got a brisket going, trying a hot and fast(ish) cook this go around. ~275 vs the usual 225 I do.

Brisket01.jpg

Brisket02.jpg

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Doing a 9LB butt roast for pulled pork. Doing this one at 250*, hopefully it's done around 5, I put it on at 7.
I was originally told 1hr/lb for pork butt but after a few cooks of freaking out about getting it ready for a group I've learned to plan for 90min/lb at a minimum. I'd rather have it done early and rest longer than freak out about getting it served on time. I now plan for 2hr/lb just to be safe.

Once you get to the stall, foil boat is good for ~10degF (internal)/hr, full foil/butcher paper wrap = ~20degF/hr

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I was originally told 1hr/lb for pork butt but after a few cooks of freaking out about getting it ready for a group I've learned to plan for 90min/lb at a minimum. I'd rather have it done early and rest longer than freak out about getting it served on time. I now plan for 2hr/lb just to be safe.

Once you get to the stall, foil boat is good for ~10degF (internal)/hr, full foil/butcher paper wrap = ~20degF/hr
I just wrapped it half hour ago at 160* I dumped a can of Dr Pepper in.

robvas

Established Member
Threw a brisket on last night at 10, almost 150 at 7:00 so I wrapped it up and forgot to take a pic. Will be back later with a finished picture

Attachments

• IMG_1010.jpeg
    IMG_1010.jpeg
    460.2 KB · Views: 23

jessie_sanders

Established Member
It almost looks like you were trying to spell something. How’d they come out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
They cooked a little too long but they were still really good. I tried a new rub called cherry cola and it mated really good with chicken.

Sent from my motorola razr plus 2023 using Tapatalk

robvas

Established Member
That's a big bitch. Last big one I did was about 15 hours.

15lb, smallest one they had. Sitting at 165 right now so I bumped it to 250 degrees, going to try to pull it at 200

Didn't realize it was as late as it was yesterday. Figure if I take it out at 11am to rest in the cooler for 2 hours, that'll be 13 hours. Would have liked to got another 2-3 on there but we will see.

Didn't take notes on the last two I did, I know one wasn't nearly as big I cant remember the size of the other one.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
15lb, smallest one they had. Sitting at 165 right now so I bumped it to 250 degrees, going to try to pull it at 200

Didn't realize it was as late as it was yesterday. Figure if I take it out at 11am to rest in the cooler for 2 hours, that'll be 13 hours. Would have liked to got another 2-3 on there but we will see.

Didn't take notes on the last two I did, I know one wasn't nearly as big I cant remember the size of the other one.
I usually pull it at 203-204*, then wrapped in a towel (already in foil) in the cooler for at least an hour.

robvas

Established Member
Forgot the finished picture as I did some chicken right before I sliced it up. But here's a leftovers sandwich from lunch today

Attachments

• IMG_1027.jpeg
    IMG_1027.jpeg
    253.2 KB · Views: 20

Users who are viewing this thread