Petty’s Garage shows off its limited-edition S550 at the Daytona 500
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Ford Motor Company and Petty’s Garage
Yesterday at the Daytona International Speedway, Petty’s Garage took the wraps off of its production 2015 Mustangs and began taking orders. Only 143 examples are set for construction in the 2015 model year.
Of those, 100 will be Stage 1 vehicles, while the remaining 43 are set as Stage 2 replicas of the two-tone stunner built for last year’s SEMA Show. Either version will pack 627 horsepower courtesy of a Ford Performance Racing Parts/Roush supercharger and calibration, but the Stage 1 will cost $62,210, and the Stage 2 car will set you back $92,210.
“We received a tremendous amount of positive feedback about our Petty’s Garage Mustang GT displayed at the SEMA show,” Jeff Whaley, Petty’s Garage Chief Operating Officer, said. “With so much interest, we began to explore the possibility of building a limited run of the Petty’s Garage Mustang GT.”
If you order one, you’ll not only get more horsepower under the hood, but a litany of appearance mods. A unique front fascia and a modified rear valance with a center-exit Magnaflow exhaust set the Petty’s Garage ’Stang apart from the crowd, and the spoiler hints at the car’s race-bred lineage.
Enhancing the cabin of the Petty’s Garage GT are logo-embroidered seats and floormats. The dash gets a signature from The King himself, Richard Petty.
Along with the features found on the Stage 1 car, the Stage 2 version includes a Petty’s Garage/Wilwood big brake upgrade and a complete Petty’s Garage custom two-tone paint job. Stage 2s will ride on Petty’s Garage HRE three-piece, forged-aluminum wheels with Continental Pro Contact tires.
If you are interested in one of these rare rides, you can order one from your local Ford dealer now. Being limited editions, the orders will be filled on a first come, first served basis. However, if you were looking to get the first one, you are too late. That one has already been scooped up by a rock ’n roll legend.
“This Mustang has just taken my breath away,” Brian Johnson, lead singer for AC/DC, said. “It really is one of the best cars I’ve ever driven. I didn’t have an American car, but I do now!”
The Mod List
Petty’s Garage 2015 Mustang GT, Stage 1
- Ford Performance Racing Parts /Roush 627-horsepower TVS 2300 blower
- Ford Performance Racing Parts/Roush cold air kit
- Ford Performance Racing Parts /Roush custom calibration
- Petty’s Garage front fascia
- Petty’s Garage rear fascia with center exhaust
- Petty’s Garage/Magnaflow Center Exhaust Kit
- Petty’s Garage race-inspired spoiler
- Petty’s Garage embroidered headrest
- Petty’s Garage logo Floor mats
- Petty’s Garage colored badging
- Petty’s Garage windshield banner
- Petty’s Garage serialized VIN plate attached to strut mount
- Petty’s Garage HRE FlowForm H01 Wheel Matte Black, 20×9-inch (front) and 20×10-inch (rear)
- Continental DW tires, 255/35-20 (front) and 275/30-20 (rear)
- Richard Petty Autographed Dash
Petty’s Garage 2015 Mustang GT, Stage 2
- Includes Stage 1 package
- Petty’s Garage HRE three-piece forged wheel, 20×9-inch (front) and 20×10-inch (rear)
- Continental Pro Contact, 255/35-20 (front) and 305/30-20 (rear)
- Petty’s Garage/Wilwood big brake kit upgrade in Petty Blue
- Complete Petty’s Garage BASF Custom two-tone paint with black TriCoat Pearl and iconic Petty Blue with crushed-and-tumbled-glass Petty’s Garage logo and the number 43 ghosted in paint
Petty’s Garage 2015 Mustang Gallery