Ford released the first installment of its Focus RS documentary series
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Ford Motor Company
If you are as pumped about the forthcoming 2016 Focus RS as we are, you can’t get enough information about it. Fortunately, Ford is giving a real inside look at the development of this storied model in a new documentary video series. The series is called, Rebirth of an Icon, and the first episode hit the web today.
In the first video, we get to hear from Raj Nair, Ford’s Group Vice President, Global Product Development and Chief Technical Officer, and Hoonigan Ken Block about the mission for the first global Focus RS…
The series will continue with seven more episodes:
- Episode 2: Design and development—Crunching crashes put the new design to the toughest of tests
- Episode 3: Hitting the road—A 1,000-mile (1,600-kilometer) drive through epic terrain takes prototypes from high in the Rocky Mountains to the Arizona desert
- Episode 4: Test-track trials—Ken Block heads for Ford’s top-secret test facility, and indulges in some “hooning”
- Episode 5: Arctic extremes—Winter testing in Sweden, and the team is under pressure to improve performance
- Episode 6: Power struggle—It’s all about performance, as the Ford manufacturing plant in Saarloui, Germany, gears up for production
- Episode 7: Close scrutiny—The day of the critical sign-off drive follows Ken Block’s headline appearance at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
- Episode 8: Final chapter—It’s time for the nail-biting management review
And, don’t worry, we’ll keep sharing them here so you don’t miss out.