Joe Heck Racing Clutch line

ViciousJay

Established Member
This thread is discuss and rate the Joe Heck Racing Steel Braided Clutch line. After taking my time and installing i have to give this mod a 4/5 stars. Its a bit messy of a job and your definitely going to need a long set of needle nose pliers regardless of what anyone says. Also keeping it less messy i would remove the old setup and plug the bottom in long before the top because gravity will just let the fluid drop until connected. All in all bleeding the clutch got me scared a bit but after awhile the pedal came back. On the street the car feels as if i had a new clutch installed, it even pulls harder. On the highway i took it up to 80 mph in 5th and pushed the car a bit and it still felt like i was in 3rd gear pull which put a smile on my face. I think this mod along with a trans mount replacement is the way to go, id love to try this one day with the MGW but that wont be till i have a money pile sitting around and me being bored with the car. Also one last thing to add the pedal feels about 1/4 lighter then normal and there are NO hesitations when power shifting any longer nor are there missed shifts.

Last edited:

s174

trooper speed
Established Member
I found it easier to remove the elbow from the trans and place the line on it before reinstalling and the pedal release took some getting use to. I'll probably get one for the Shelby...

kingnut

Established Member
I dont understand how it can feel like its pulling harder. with the same clutch that wasnt slipping in the first place. Maybe im missing something.

BlackDragon

Because Race Car...
Established Member
I'm shopping around right now looking at the different lines available. Gonna do this, the mgw, and a dss driveshaft. That should make this thing shift better, lol

-Ant

chuckstang

Established Member
did this mod on my old gt500 and it was a must do mod IMO.

Well worth it but took months and several attempts at bleeding before I could get ALL the air out of the lines. No idea why it was so damn difficult but finally pedal came back 100% and all was good.

kevinp

Established Member

Well worth it but took months and several attempts at bleeding before I could get ALL the air out of the lines. No idea why it was so damn difficult but finally pedal came back 100% and all was good.

Did it on my old GT500 as well, did help some with the 1-2 crunch at high RPM. IMO the clutch wast releasing enough and the line seemed to help. I ddint have much of a problem bleeding it, but I had many years of practice with LS1 f-body and corvette hydraulic clutches ;)

ViciousJay

Established Member

Any tips on bleeding it out anybetter

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I'll be doing this ASAP. The clutch on my 12 is fine driving around as normal, but if you get on it and RPM's rise, the clutch gets pretty stiff and spongy. It still shifts but the friction point gets pretty weird.

I should probably just check to see if it doesn't just need bled.

chuckstang

Established Member
Any tips on bleeding it out anybetter

I did it with a friend but believe it or not what seemed to help the most was pumping the clutch pedal several times before each use of the car after bleeding it.

Push in the clutch and release it 10 times very slowly. Eventually, after doing this it was 100%

cbaty08

Established Member
I did it with a friend but believe it or not what seemed to help the most was pumping the clutch pedal several times before each use of the car after bleeding it.

Push in the clutch and release it 10 times very slowly. Eventually, after doing this it was 100%

I had the same luck, too; just had to pump the clutch for a while.

phack

Established Member
Where did everyone buy theirs from? So far I've only found that Lethal Performance sells them, but $15 to ship this thing is laughable.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Where did everyone buy theirs from? So far I've only found that Lethal Performance sells them, but $15 to ship this thing is laughable.

I've updated the site to reflect free shipping on that item.

Thanks for making us aware of the issue and let us know if there's anything else we can help you with in the meantime.

Thanks, Jared

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
wait, so if i install this thing.. all ill need to do to bleed it is to pump the clutch a bunch of times, to get all the air out? instead of using that vacuum pump

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
wait, so if i install this thing.. all ill need to do to bleed it is to pump the clutch a bunch of times, to get all the air out? instead of using that vacuum pump

No, the slave cylinder has a bleeder valve like what you see on calipers. it still needs to be bled properly. However it may take some pumps of the clutch to rebuild proper pressure in the line.

Users who are viewing this thread