borla s type plus x pipe

o2gt

Established Member
has anyone who has s type installed an x pipe? if so how does it sound , is it close to the sound of the full catback they sell? i have searched but cant seem to find anyone who has done this, i love they way my car sounds just wondering how it would sound with an x pipe. thanks for the help.

josh

murse

Established Member
Premium Member
I have an offroad x pipe with the borla s types and thinks it sounds perfect... I was trying to get my old cobra sound (o/r x with stingers) and this is close.. not exact but close..

gen2lightning

I LOVE MY LIGHTNING....
Established Member
I have an offroad x pipe with the borla s types and thinks it sounds perfect... I was trying to get my old cobra sound (o/r x with stingers) and this is close.. not exact but close..

Link to parts for your system. I always loved how the Cobra sounded with that setup.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member

I was in the same boat, I think LTs and a X pipe will get you there. Thats my setup and although I don't have Borlas I think my car sounds pretty close to my old 03.

murse

Established Member
Premium Member
Link to parts for your system. I always loved how the Cobra sounded with that setup.

UPR o/r x pipe with the Borla s-types.... Like I mentioned above it's close but will never be the same since the stinger "mufflers" were in the middle of the car. The mufflers on ours is at the end, I wondered how the coyote motor would sound if you could have an exhaust shop weld in some stingers and run regular pipes to the rear of the car.

I will make a video and let you hear it.

SILV03MustangGT

Established Member
UPR o/r x pipe with the Borla s-types.... Like I mentioned above it's close but will never be the same since the stinger "mufflers" were in the middle of the car. The mufflers on ours is at the end, I wondered how the coyote motor would sound if you could have an exhaust shop weld in some stingers and run regular pipes to the rear of the car.

I will make a video and let you hear it.

mikeltdlx has dynomax bullets welded into his set up, ill shoot him a message and direct him here and see if he has ran the car with just that setup without the axleback on.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I don't think you will have room to weld in full size Borla Stingers in the middle of the car. The Pypes Super System is a mid muffler system though, so maybe check that out. I have run the car with no mufflers out back and just the bullets and it is loud. For the track, I plan on running the Pype Bomb resonated deletes and the bullets.

Mike

turd burglar

Established Member
Over on afm a guy has an x pipe muffler (magnaflow I believe) welded in the middle of his car at the typical x pipe location, and then 3" back with no resonators. Car is throaty as all hell and his bama idle tune is the gnarliest one I've heard yet with that setup

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Over on afm a guy has an x pipe muffler (magnaflow I believe) welded in the middle of his car at the typical x pipe location, and then 3" back with no resonators. Car is throaty as all hell and his bama idle tune is the gnarliest one I've heard yet with that setup

Here is mine with Jeg's cat deletes, 3 inch Pypes X pipe (welded in), no resonators and Roush mufflers. Lope tune by AED. This was the loudest car I have ever owned...and that list includes loud stuff like a '65 GTO with long tubes and worn out glasspacks and a 408 notch with long tubes and 1 chamber Flowmaster dumps. It was incredibly loud, like obscene.

2012 Mustang GT with AED Lope Idle Tune, Roush Axleback and no Cats - YouTube

2012 Mustang GT 5.0 with Roush Axle Back and offroad X rev-up - YouTube

murse

Established Member
Premium Member

WOW that was LOUD!!! I can see why you changed it.. Even though I loved my stingers, the drone on the highway would kill me after awhile. the 70mph with engine turning 2k while in 6th was brutal, I would downshift to 5th sometimes just to get a break.

I don't think there would be enough room for the stingers either, and I'm happy with these.

I just made this real quick vid, sorry if you get sick :beer:

[youtube_browser]gRB-yQUEXRk[/youtube_browser]

SILV03MustangGT

Established Member
WOW that was LOUD!!! I can see why you changed it.. Even though I loved my stingers, the drone on the highway would kill me after awhile. the 70mph with engine turning 2k while in 6th was brutal, I would downshift to 5th sometimes just to get a break.

I don't think there would be enough room for the stingers either, and I'm happy with these.

sounds good man!

Eric L

Established Member
I found a great deal on a jegs 3" cat-back system, welded in an X, and bought the S-types. Best exhaust I've heard on so far. It is a little deeper than the magnaflow, quiet enough for everyday use, but when u step on the skinny pedal....she really talks. Wish I had a good camera to post audio.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member

Sounds very healthy!

Strpperpolef150

Established Member

I have borla stingers and had 0 drone with the stock cats. With cats removed there's still no drone at highway speeds just the sound of the exhaust in higher rpms

murse

Established Member
Premium Member

whiplash306

Established Member
Car sounds absolutely AMAZING! I'm about to trade off my C6Z and jump into a BOSS, so I'm trying to figure out what exhaust combo I want to go. On your 1st video, are the cats stock or high flow? As much as I'd LOVE to go catless, I'm tired of the yearly inspections battle. These coyotes are so different, that I'm not even sure of all of the possible exhausts or exhaust combos out there for 'em or what they sound like. SUCKS being ignorant! :)

Users who are viewing this thread