6r80 to getrag

bob450

Established Member
hi everybody, do you think a 13 gt automatic (computer) can work with a getrag mt-82 manual trans?? any one did it?
i know inverting situation is impossilble :shrug::shrug::read:
thank for info
:banana::banana:

bob450

Established Member
acrbill :You will probably end up with a bunch of trans related codes.

that is my main concern computer will search constantly trans and the speedo calibration (gear are not the same):??:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Slagburn looked into this a couple years ago. He says it is far eaiser and cheaper to sell your current car and buy an auto. You have to swap EVERYTHING. Im sure he will chime in on this but iirc you need the obviouse stuff like, pedals, trans, clutch, bell housing, DS, trans mount. But you also need the computer, and iirc the wiring harness is pretty different so you need to get that as well, also the trans cooler, lines, pump?, center consol?, shifter, and I know im forgetting several things.

When he was looking at doing it he had a friend that had an auto and wanted to go manual so they considered sitting the cars side by side and just swapping everything over. They decided against it due to how complex it would be. Slagbrun for the record does not find many things that are "to much work".

Bud

Established Member
There are plenty of people looking to make the opposite swap, find one and swap cars. Or just trade for what you want, I traded a 2011 M6 for my 2012 A6 and didn't lose my ass, I got a smokin deal when I bought my 2011 though so that helped when I went to trade it in.

stang910

Established Member
If you do decide to do it I have all the parts you need for the swap. I'm going to an auto so all my manual stuff will be for sale.

bob450

Established Member
thank for help stang910
my car is a 11 gt manual and a guy with a 13 auto want to do the switch...
my concern is computer i like to each one keept their own computer i know my manual computer canot drive auto trans will be change :shrug:
i like to the guy with auto keep his computer and run the car with my manual trans :banana:

so any idea:beer:

also for stang910 can you keep me inform how to run trans with manual computer did you change it?
thank to all

Last edited:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
My Boss was converted to a 6r80 using an 11 auto computer, harness etc. You would never know it's not factory.

I don't think anyone is doing a stand alone controller 6R80.

Shaun@AED

The Copperhead ECU's are identical in hardware for Auto and Manual cars.
A full reflash can make any A6 ECU an M6 ECU. It's the harness and other hardware parts that must be correct.

bob450

Established Member
thank shaun for info this is the answer i want to ear.:coolman:
is it possible to do re-flash with sct?:shrug:
have you did this kind of operation with succes?
thank:banana::banana::banana:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
The dealer will have to do a reflash with the IDS to make it work. Possibly useing As-Built data from an automatic with the same computer code.

-Thomas

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
IDS stands for integrated diagnostic software. Its what us ford techs use at the dealer for our software.

-Thomas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread