Picked up 16 rwhp from ported boss manifold and custom CAI

BLK2012GT

Established Member
7800 is where they are taking it too.

And also this is still a 302. No stroker kit here, at least not yet till someone will finally release a reasonable price one.

ah4449

Svt browser
Established Member
I've been wanting to do something similar for a cai since I have the same setup with the ported boss mani and accufab TB. Can we get more pics of the cai? Thanks! Very nice power also!

stang8psi

Established Member
Good numbers man, but so many factors to consider here.. the port work was proven to add 4-5 HP on the graph over on that other forum. Also no back to back pulls to confirm? Or was there significant cool down time between? Was there more timing one pull vs another because of cool down? Tests like this have been done on cars on here buy shops in the past and the gains were about what a ported intake adds 4-7 rwhp

BLK2012GT

Established Member
Good numbers man, but so many factors to consider here.. the port work was proven to add 4-5 HP on the graph over on that other forum. Also no back to back pulls to confirm? Or was there significant cool down time between? Was there more timing one pull vs another because of cool down? Tests like this have been done on cars on here buy shops in the past and the gains were about what a ported intake adds 4-7 rwhp

They were back to back runs. There was only a 30 second cool down to switch out the steeda piping to the custom piping.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member

Couldnt the custom cai pick up the remaining 9hp?

stang8psi

Established Member
Couldnt the custom cai pick up the remaining 9hp?

Possibly .. but I was just saying the port on the boss on a bunch of cars from multiple shops gains were so minimal.. its nothing like the gains on a lsx based manifold unfortunately.

BLK2012GT

Established Member
Possibly .. but I was just saying the port on the boss on a bunch of cars from multiple shops gains were so minimal.. its nothing like the gains on a lsx based manifold unfortunately.

You're looking at the peak number too much. I picked up a good 20 rwhp hp from 5500 to 7800. And I picked up the same amount of tq from 3500 all the way up to 7800. So it more benifical then you think.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
You're looking at the peak number too much. I picked up a good 20 rwhp hp from 5500 to 7800. And I picked up the same amount of tq from 3500 all the way up to 7800. So it more benifical then you think.

I thought the shop couldnt get the vehicle tuned with high compression and e85.

Last edited:

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Will this car see the 1/4 at all?

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread