Hennessey HPE700 Upgrade for a 2011-13 Boss 302/GT 5.0L

trakit

Established Member
I have been on the fence between a whipple and a roush TVS for my 2013 GT. This is the package that I think I am going to go with. They produce great HP numbers and they are the only company that I can find that will warranty their work for 3yrs/36k on everything that they touch. They even cover FORD parts if their package causes a Ford part to fail.

It is a brand new car and a warranty is very important to me. I will pay more upfront to have piece of mind. They also gave me a 10% military discount so that helps!!

Here is a video of one of their 700hp Boss Cars:
Boss 302 Laguna Seca 10.9 @ 130 mph 1/4 Mile - YouTube

Matt Farah's Take on it:
The Ford Mustang Boss 302 Hennessy Test Drive - YouTube

I asked the salesman about RWHP and they showed me a couple of dynos for 610-617rwhp depending on conditions.

What do you guys think?

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
I think you should do some research on problems people have had dealing with Hennessey. The Viper forums had threads outlining some very serious issues dealing with him on various customer cars. From lengthy delays to outright theft.

But maybe he's born-again or something.

snkchmr 1

No way I would pay the money these guys would want to build this. Find a good shop in your area & go with that.
My GT put down over 6 to the rear with the magnuson SC & pro dyno tune.

trakit

Established Member
No way I would pay the money these guys would want to build this. Find a good shop in your area & go with that.
My GT put down over 6 to the rear with the magnuson SC & pro dyno tune.

Do you have a 3/36 warranty?? No shops I have found will warranty their tunes and their work like these guys. Bama will warranty their tune but that is the closest I have found and that is nothing like a 3/36 that will cover Ford parts too. I have heard to many horror stories of blown up 5.0s and cars with tranny problems not to have a warranty.

I am well aware of Hennesseys prior reputation. I used to own a Gen 1 and 2 viper. They are under new ownership now and have not had any issues that I have read about since about 08. They have been in business for over 20 years so there must be some happy customers??

faztcobra

Established Member
Do you have a 3/36 warranty?? No shops I have found will warranty their tunes and their work like these guys. Bama will warranty their tune but that is the closest I have found and that is nothing like a 3/36 that will cover Ford parts too. I have heard to many horror stories of blown up 5.0s and cars with tranny problems not to have a warranty.

I am well aware of Hennesseys prior reputation. I used to own a Gen 1 and 2 viper. They are under new ownership now and have not had any issues that I have read about since about 08. They have been in business for over 20 years so there must be some happy customers??

What do you guys think?
I think it appears you already have your mind made up. Let us know how it works out for you.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member

They're not going to warranty anything. When you have a problem, they will blow you off. Hennesesey has a HORRIBLE reputation. Just because a company says they will warranty something doesnt mean they actually WILL. They will probably find some reason to not cover your car.

alex12gt

Established Member
You could buy what you want and have enough cash left over to fix any problem you would have and your telling me if the that car just blows a motor they will warranty it.....hahaha i highly doubt that

trakit

Established Member
They're not going to warranty anything. When you have a problem, they will blow you off. Hennesesey has a HORRIBLE reputation. Just because a company says they will warranty something doesnt mean they actually WILL. They will probably find some reason to not cover your car.

Have you dealt with them recently? The warranty is in writing. I am not 100% sure that I am going to go that way but I want to add a blower to the car and no one else I have found will step to the plate and warranty their products!

trakit

Established Member
Put a Hellion twin turbo kit on it for 1/4 the cost and call it a day! I love mine!
Mike

I like that kit too but not enough out there and I have heard bad things about the single so it leaves me concerned about the fitment. Also there is NO WARRANTY. I need a warranty. I do not have time to be fixing the car have it in a shop or mess with a rental car.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
no one else I have found will step to the plate and warranty their products!

I thought Magnuson was offering a pretty good overall warranty if an ASE mechanic performs the install. I have no personal experience but seems like a pretty reasonable option if they honor their word.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
The Hennessey warranty makes no sense, I doubt one of these cars making 700hp on the stock bottom end would go 36,000 miles.

20redfire03

Established Member
Wouldn't the saying , Gotta Pay to Play, apply here. If you're worried about your warranty don't mod your car. Doesn't get much simpler then that. Plus I'm sure their warranty won't cover the motor, it will only cover the kit itself and like it has been said before they will find a way to not cover your claims. And just from what I have seen posted on this site and all over the internet I wouldn't give Hennessy a dime of my money.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
The Hennessey warranty makes no sense, I doubt one of these cars making 700hp on the stock bottom end would go 36,000 miles.

My thoughts exactly. OP if you want a supergharged coyote with a GOOD, REAL warranty, go buy a roush stage 3. it is backed by a good warranty by a company that is WAY bigger than Hennessy and has a much better reputation. No Coyote will make 600RWHP for 36000 miles. Slagburns car made it about 30K at 550whp or less. Now it has a bent rod. So again, check out a roushstage 3, I think you'll find the warranty will be much safer, the car will look better, and you wont

Bloo

Established Member
Didn't entrenched run 730whp on his stock motor for over a year? Whats this shit about no coyote making it 30k with 600+ whp?

Users who are viewing this thread