So whose all tuned?

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
So how many of you guys are tuned? Are these cars your DD? How many miles on your current tune, and any issues?? Auto or standard? Mpg? I noticed about 2-3 better average mpg. Just curious on how many 11's+ are tuned. It seems alot of people shy away from it, due to horror story's and such on the net.

Last edited:

Nick Nasty

Established Member
the majority of this forum are tuned, there is really no reason to shy away from it anymore. the "horror stories" were from when these cars first released and tuners were just getting their hands on them. the issues have been long solved.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Blown without tune. I like to live dangerously.

Search function is your friend. This has been discussed several times.

Sly Fox

Established Member
Tuned here and I must say what a difference. Before tune on stock tires I got beat by a C6 LS3 08 Vette by about two cars from a 30 roll. After the tune from a 30 roll with 275/45/18 drag radials I put 2-3 cars on him easy. Vette was an auto by the way running NT05's with a CAI only I believe. One dig race we did he even jumped out on my from the launch and by third I had reeled him in.

Last edited:

badasso3

Established Member
2012 5.0 Weekend driver, 2500 miles, not tuned yet! I was ready to buy the sct but I like the reviews of the new intune. Read so many horror strories about the sct but I want to use AED for my tune and Shaun only uses sct software so I may bite the bullet with the sct.

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
Not tuned, 2013 3745miles DD. Baby getter. Im shy because it has to be reliable and with a warranty.
:(

03dsgdreams

Established Member
I think about it every day. To the point of were its not even fun anymore. My car is my D.D and my only vehicle, also i do not have the money to shell out for any kind of motor work or any repairs for that matter in case the dealer decides to give me a hard time if i ever had to make a warranty claim. If you dig deep enough you can find bad reviews and horror stories on almost every tuner. I was almost sold on steeda until all these sct threads starting popping up with people being stranded not being able to load tunes and having to send in there ecm. I'm pretty sure im going to ask the wife for the steeda/sct tune for Christmas but im still nervous. Not sure if its worth the risk. The diablosport intune sounds nice but almost no one tunes with it and i trust steeda over diablo's canned tunes. I swore I was going to quit reading these tune threads yet here I am again lol.

PLASMAN

Don
Established Member
VMP tuned 13GTCS A6 for 9k miles and the tune is flawless and perfect, it is my DD. I get 19mpg city and 25-28mpg hwy

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I got the Bama free tunes for life at a little over 1k miles on my 2012 back march until about 8k miles. Was getting maybe 17mpg in city and 22mpg highway. Then got AED tuned for about the last 1500 miles and have been getting 19mpg city and 24-25mpg highway.

-Thomas

03dsgdreams

Established Member
jpc tunes with intune...

I am aware of this. Ive spent countless hours researching tunes and tuners although jpc does offer mail order tunes for the intune i cant find a single review of any one who has yet to install an intune/jpc tune on there relatively stock 11-13 gt. Id rather not be the guinea pig.. I have read a couple recent reviews on the canned tunes that come with the intune and so far people seem to be pretty happy with it.

Last edited:

Laztug

Established Member
I went with AED Idle lope tune and it has been an amazing ride so far.
The car is about to roll 10k miles, its been tuned since about 6k.
She has factory manners in the streets, and is a straight up beast at WOT.

Debro7046

Established Member
I have a 2012 5.0 6spd with about 16k on the clock. Its my DD and I had it tuned ever since I hit 1k. Ive also had tunes from 5 different tuners and never had an issue with any of them. They all perform relatively the same (track times) with the exception of throttle response and maybe 1mpg here or there. I wouldn't worry about hurting your car with a tune. I plan on getting an AED tune soon because I here so many good things but as for right now my favorite tuner overall is bama. (mpg, power, smoothness, and customer service)

FYI: Ive had brenspeed, bama, torq, bbr, and jms chips

atistang

Established Member
6k miles, no tune yet. i think about it a lot also, especially since it will put me right on par with two of my friends blown 4.6's

my biggest fear is obvious, which you dont hear of happening anymore. but in the back of my head i have an earlier build car and it makes me nervous. the way my luck is if something can go wrong it normally does.

also i've been trying to figure out if this noise i've been hearing is a ping or a rattle in the dash. if i ride first out to about 3-4k rpm then stab the throttle it sounds like a vicious ping, then sometimes at wot in 2nd i get the same noise. but it sounds like its coming from under the heater controls not under the hood.

turd burglar

Established Member
Haven't even got my '13 6spd man yet but I'm nervous on the tune as well. Just bought my first house and now the car, so money is gonna be real tight, and the local dealer isn't too fond of mods it seems, so I am gonna play it safe and not tune till I'm outta warranty. Although I am having an x pipe back exhaust built by a local company that will retain the factory cats, and the service manager said he could care less as long as I didnt go o/r x pipe, but we shall see. The transmission issue has me more worried than anything.

Users who are viewing this thread