Track Apps missing after SYNC software update

13Shelby

Established Member
When my 2013 GT500 was in for a service/oil change AND a SYNC software update, it appears the "Track Apps" option has literally disappeared from the menu in the "Gauge Mode" in the information display. :fm: Has anyone seen or heard of this happening? I'm at a loss to explain how this is even possible. Any thoughts? I know I can take it back to the dealership, but can that be avoided ?? Thanks for any input.

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
First I have heard of this or the sync update. Hope it goes well getting all back to normal. Perhaps (and I am just kidding) you have the wrong color stripes :) Good luck will watch for the outcome!

1TUF14SHELBY

Established Member
You sure you are using same key? One of mine was never programmed or whatever needs to be done and it's missing the track apps. Other key everything shows up.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Are you sure you're going through the menu correctly? I know it may sound stupid, but I just updated the SYNC on my car yesterday, and I just went and checked and it's still there.

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
Do you have the TSB sync update number or what was the reason for it to be done? We had serious sat. reception issues and they replaced the antenna which seems to have fixed that issue. Replace both the crank and cam sensor all else has been great.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Do you have the TSB sync update number or what was the reason for it to be done? We had serious sat. reception issues and they replaced the antenna which seems to have fixed that issue. Replace both the crank and cam sensor all else has been great.

I'm not sure why there was an update. My service manager told me there was, so I had him go ahead and update my car.

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
I'm not sure why there was an update. My service manager told me there was, so I had him go ahead and update my car.
Thanks, As said above you do have a primary key and a secondary but everything in our car works with both keys except programming. If you do the MY Key app then one turns all on and the other is basically a limp mode or valet key I think so look with both keys??

ArabianOak

Established Member
This happened on my SHO...except my Navi stopped working. Go into the car menu and do a hard reset. You can do this through the touch screen on the radio. Click on settings (I think) and then find the hard reset option.

Good luck and let us know...

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
You sure you are using same key? One of mine was never programmed or whatever needs to be done and it's missing the track apps. Other key everything shows up.
+1.

Any idea if there's a way for those of us who prefer not to visit the local Ford dealer to do the update. (Can we download and install it ourselves...?)

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Any idea if there's a way for those of us who prefer not to visit the local Ford dealer to do the update. (Can we download and install it ourselves...?)

I'll ask in the morning...but I really don't think so.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Will I get the snake instead of the running horse for start up display? (Early 14 ) for update?

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I'm trading it in!
I need the cobra

This post is purely sarcasm.......even though I'd rather the cobra :smmon:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm trading it in!
I need the cobra

This post is purely sarcasm.......even though I'd rather the cobra :smmon:

I don't recall the members name...but there was a guy that about traded his to get the Cobra.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
How does a SYNC software update effect the instrument cluster gauges like Track Apps? I thought Sync updates only the nav's software?

Maybe you should try to disconnect the battery and reconnect it after a few minutes. See if that does anything.....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread