2nd gear grind!

BrettR

Established Member
I hope this is just me not being used to it but I've had 2nd gear grind 3 times so far in my 13 Shelby. Each time i was on it to about 5,000-5,500 rpm and shifted to 2nd and it would grind but went in to 2nd easy and a few time I've done the same with no grind. For some reason i can not seem to figure out what Im doing wrong. I know how to shift this is my 4th mustang all were standards and I've raced everyone of them. So what do you guys think? Could it just be me and i need a little more seat time or should i bring her in to get checked
Thanks for your time
Brett

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

IcebourgGT500

Established Member
If this is the case with the 2013's, I will cancel my order. I will not go through that crap with the dealerahips again making me look like I was an idiot.
:fm::fm:

Last edited:

jonesd

Established Member
If thi is the case with the 2013's, I will cancel my order. I will not go through that crap with the dealerahips again making me look like I was an idiot.
:fm::fm:

Couldn't agree more, the sole reason i ditched my 2011... having to count to 2 out loud to avoid shifting grind/not engaging was insane.

BrettR

Established Member
I don't want anyone to doubt this car its amazing in every way. The grinding could just be me and not the car. I hope its me!

bpmurr

Established Member
Starting to feel better about buying the Boss everyday. If this really is an issue again than it looks like no GT500 for me. The one thing I enjoy about my Boss is that I can bang all the gears without a problem. That second gear grind going all out in my 2010 and 2011 GT500 was a bummer. I want to know how the heck SVT shifts the car? Maybe they need to put out a best practices YouTube video for the GT500.

Last edited:

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
I've gotten the grind too, but my money is on the shifter being the issue. My barton is on the back seat and i'm putting it in today. I'll post results later

Shhhh

Established Member
I've gotten the grind too, but my money is on the shifter being the issue. My barton is on the back seat and i'm putting it in today. I'll post results later

Ive heard the Barton cleans it up nicely and the stock shifter is junk in comparison. Sounds like a shifter will help the issue and it is not internal in the trans.

BrettR

Established Member

Let me know how the shifted works. I will get one if it makes it stop

Users who are viewing this thread