Evolution GT500 goes boom?

TorchMach

Established Member
I wonder what mods it had that it went down with..I hope they give everyone a heads up before ya'll get crazy with mods..

boosted281

Established Member
Definitely interested here because i'm days from arrival and wanted to order parts to be here waiting. I'm fairly certain theirs was not on n2obut a larger after market blower with more boost wouldn't surprise me. Anyways sorry for the luck boys and please be open to share with us.

bull3441

Established Member
You guys realize that if they did pop the motor, it was on race gas, high advanced timing and will have no correlation to your pump gas setups. With the higher CR and thinner cylinder walls, I don't see these blocks being boost friendly w/o being sleeved.

KsE

Established Member
Believe it or not they were throwing everything at that motor to get it to blow, as they have a fully built one on the stand ready to go in. I'm
Sure it was running insane boost levels on race gas.

walked_u_hard

Established Member
HMMM id like to see the results of this as well. wonder if they will disclose the info if this is actually true.

SVTPete83

Established Member
It will def be interesting to see how much boost and power they were pushing through it when it went pop.

germeezy1

Established Member
The 5.8 Trinity has the same powder forged rods as the 5.4 Condor, and I am very curious as to its limits. The Ford GT 5.4 is good to 1,000 rwhp or more on stock internals, and I think the 5.8 Trinity motors realistic ceiling is ~ 800 rwhp.

jonesd

Established Member
last i heard was 3.6L KB pushing 24-25 psi. Not sure if its changed since then though...

edit: They were pushing in the 900's at the wheel last i heard also

Last edited:

jonesd

Established Member
The 5.8 Trinity has the same powder forged rods as the 5.4 Condor, and I am very curious as to its limits. The Ford GT 5.4 is good to 1,000 rwhp or more on stock internals, and I think the 5.8 Trinity motors realistic ceiling is ~ 800 rwhp.

Honestly with the rpm going up to 7000 now, im not even sure if 800rwhp is safe on 93 octane. My friends 11 has held together on 93 octane at 790rwhp for 33k miles but he only revs to 6k, and his tuner told him it wouldnt last long if he went to 6500 like he wanted to.

If you read in the other section, you see a lot of people mention that RPM is the killer on these motors. So it should be interesting to see how long these hold together with full bolt on's revving to 7k on street gas...

Users who are viewing this thread