Ford Lockpic? Rear camera.

Kingcobra1969

Established Member
Boy it's hard to backup. Anyone know if they offer a locpick set-up for the 2013 gt500? I saw some on google but it did not seem that the nav system was the same.

Thanks

scampismith

Crazy George
Established Member
I can't remember Chris, but I have heard or read somewhere in the past that back up cameras are going to be mandated in the near future. I thought it was going to be 2013.

Rotarur

Loflyr
Established Member
Installed the sync lockpick last weekend, I included a few pictures relevant to the camera and the install I chose to have done, dremel to shape one hole in the $20 plastic trim bezel above the license plate and patience. The rest of the install, the radio and display hookup, is well explained in very good detail in previous posts here or on fordgt500.com.

47e95f27-54df-e5b6.jpg

47e95f27-54eb-7b23.jpg

47e95f27-54fc-93be.jpg

47e95f27-5509-5c2d.jpg

47e95f27-5524-f3e6.jpg

47e95f27-5572-8503.jpg

47e95f27-55b8-1b5d.jpg

47e95f27-5656-ee0f.jpg

47e95f27-566b-67c3.jpg

47e95f27-5677-3a92.jpg

peteypab2133

Established Member
Installed the sync lockpick last weekend, I included a few pictures relevant to the camera and the install I chose to have done, dremel to shape one hole in the $20 plastic trim bezel above the license plate and patience. The rest of the install, the radio and display hookup, is well explained in very good detail in previous posts here or on fordgt500.com.

I searched all over forgt500.com and couldnt find it anywhere. I found your name but not a single post related to it, nor was there any topics made from you regarding that. Can you please post a link to the thread with it?

Also, how long do you think it took you to do it?

Thanks in advance

Rotarur

Loflyr
Established Member
I searched all over forgt500.com and couldnt find it anywhere. I found your name but not a single post related to it, nor was there any topics made from you regarding that. Can you please post a link to the thread with it?

Also, how long do you think it took you to do it?

Thanks in advance

Ah, sorry, I should have been more clear, I did not author the other posts on the lockpick subject, but I used them as guidance. Here are a couple of posts I found: http://www.corral.net/index.php/tech/electronics/181-lockpick, http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11222

I did my own research for the camera, as I did not like the license plate frame cameras, I wanted something that would look like it was coming from the factory and I did not want any unbecoming wires hanging in the back of the car. I finally decided on this camera as it allowed me to drill only one piece of plastic trim that I could replace for a few bucks if I did not like the outcome, something that would allow me not to drill the bumper and something that will not require stuffing wires through the license plate lights housing.

Here's a link to the camera, many more to chose from on that website, decide what you want to do, measure first and pick your poison: http://www.qualitymobilevideo.com/mv-camera13.aspx

It took me about 3 hours, with the majority of the time spent on taking the hdd out, as it has been explained in the posts above, there is not much slack in the factory harnesses. But then I just took my time, if I'd had to do it again I could do everything in less then one hour and I could probably take the radio out and put it back in 15 minutes. I am now thinking of a good solution to maybe mount a camera in the front, the lockpick will allow up to three cameras total, but that will be another weekend project.

Last edited:

peteypab2133

Established Member
Ah, sorry, I should have been more clear, I did not author the other posts on the lockpick subject, but I used them as guidance. Here are a couple of posts I found: SYNC Lockpick Install - Add a backup camera to your SYNC system, LockPick Install on 2012 Vert - Ford Shelby Cobra GT500 Forum

I did my own research for the camera, as I did not like the license plate frame cameras, I wanted something that would look like it was coming from the factory and I did not want any unbecoming wires hanging in the back of the car. I finally decided on this camera as it allowed me to drill only one piece of plastic trim that I could replace for a few bucks if I did not like the outcome, something that would allow me not to drill the bumper and something that will not require stuffing wires through the license plate lights housing.

Here's a link to the camera, many more to chose from on that website, decide what you want to do, measure first and pick your poison: Vission MV-Camera13 Miniature Surface Mount Camera

It took me about 3 hours, with the majority of the time spent on taking the hdd out, as it has been explained in the posts above, there is not much slack in the factory harnesses. But then I just took my time, if I'd had to do it again I could do everything in less then one hour and I could probably take the radio out and put it back in 15 minutes. I am now thinking of a good solution to maybe mount a camera in the front, the lockpick will allow up to three cameras total, but that will be another weekend project.

Thanks for all the links, this is an awesome step by step.

AtlantaGT500

Established Member
I just don't have the mechanical skills to do this type of install, so I called the local Ford dealer to see how much to install a camera, they want $650.00 I said no thanks. I wish I could find somebody in Atlanta that does this kind of work.

Users who are viewing this thread