Stereo Upgrade

Habbro

Noob
Established Member
I have electronics package and was disappointed with the sound from this radio so I decided to upgrade with the help of our local stereo shop. I did not have the subwoofer in the trunk from factory. I apologize for the crappy iPhone pictures.

Factory headunit (unchanged here)

jl6.jpg

2 Shots of the JL Stealthbox added to trunk (again I did not order sub package from Ford). This really booms and I know I need to adjust the carpet a bit. I am really curious to see if a replacement mat for trunk designed for shaker pro will fit in here.

jl5.jpg

jl.jpg

Here is the equipment (CleanSweep by JL). I wanted to leave the headunit alone as I like the look and interface reasonably well. Headunit sound control has limitations (with bass/treble only) so that is why the cleansweep. Added JL amp to control sub and replaced door speakers.

jl3.jpg

front door speakers JL-c5 (behind grill above mids)--I didn't photo the door as it looks exactly the same.

jl4.jpg

The sub control knob (black) and cleansweep knob (steel). These knobs were added inside the console where you can connect USB. Cleansweep knob adjusts the volume of digital output of the audio signal from headunit to the amp. I know I need to cleanup just a little.

jl2.jpg

Rear door speakers JL c3's (no cosmetic mods here so no pics)

The "mids" in the door were left alone as there is a separate factory amp driving these and they didn't add or interfere much. I am very happy with upgrade here and it is very balanced.

finsrin

Established Member
Not looking for that much boom.
Though years back did change out factory "premium sound" speakers in 97 Tbird for four from Chrutchfield. Improvement was better than expectations.
Might try that with my GT500.

Habbro

Noob
Established Member
You can "dial" in the amount boom. I prefer pretty light fill of sub on newer tracks but old rock tracks need a little extra as they can be pretty flat.

Habbro

Noob
Established Member
Haven't gotten it to rattle yet. Seems like interior has a great fit here (actually I am a bit shocked there isn't rattle).

VaporDude

Established Member
I have the Shaker Pro in my car and I love it. They made a big improvement from the Shaker 1000. As for the trunk mat, don't get one for the Shaker 1000. It will end up being short on one side. If you need a full trunk mat, get one that is not for the Shaker 1000/Pro.

Edit: After looking at the pictures again, it looks like you need the one for a Shaker 1000 but you may want to get some measurements first to make sure it will go up against your sub box.

Last edited:

rancid

Established Member
Thanks Hab, you are awesome for sharing all these pics. If you can find out where they installed the cleansweep that would be a HUGE help.

I am entering unchartered territory and went with 6.5" components in the front and rear. Game plan is to remove the factory 8" subs and put the 6.5" in there and mount the tweeter where the factory 6x8/5x7's are. I will let everyone know if they work out. I ended up with some used sets of Hertz speakers that I couldn't pass up so fitment might be a big problem for me.

Users who are viewing this thread