Anyone install JL Audio Clean Sweep during their stereo/speaker upgrade?

GoDawgs

Established Member
Has anyone upgraded their Shelby car stereo to include the JL Audio Clean Sweep to help basically keep the original head unit (not lose Nav system) but yet upgrade to more quality sound of an aftermarket sound system?

Absolute BEAST of a car, but for what we have all paid for them, Ford should've put a MUCH better sounding Audio system or different tiered options of car stereos available for a 60-70K car.

I previously had an Acura and it probably had the best stock car stereo setup I've heard in the price range mentioned above or less.

Love the exhaust note of this car! But, why not have the best of BOTH worlds (Exhaust note and a kick ass audio system)?

Go Dawgs

GoDawgs

Established Member
Hey Boosted.....

were you able to tell a significant difference in the sound quality than before?

I don't mind spending the $ for this upgrade if it's a nice change in sound.

What did you notice the most as being different in the sound?

I usually listen to my Ipod, some radio.

Curious about your thoughts on the Clean Sweep.

rancid

Established Member
I've installed a cleansweep dsp and the signal summing device with it.

Difference with good speakers is night and day IMO but I did everything at once. Biggest complaint of overinflated midbass was resolved and I was able to hookup a 5ch amp along with a 10" sub to factory headunit.

I'd do an lc7i for an easier install though.

Last edited:

Tytus2012

Established Member
I have full function of my factory system and do not have a jl audio clean sweep. i have 2 kenwood excelon amps along with my factory amp. I also have a audison bit 10 processor which allows for alot more features to fine tune your system.

SirPhobos

Established Member
Did either of you guys lose the volume control on the steering wheel by going with one of these processors?

I heard at least for the cleansweep you can use the normal volume controls built into the car but it's going to sound distorted at lower volumes if you don't use the external volume knob that comes with the cleansweep.

rancid

Established Member
Did either of you guys lose the volume control on the steering wheel by going with one of these processors?

I heard at least for the cleansweep you can use the normal volume controls built into the car but it's going to sound distorted at lower volumes if you don't use the external volume knob that comes with the cleansweep.

It is interesting how the cleansweep works (at least in my car.) To prevent any audio anomolies I turn my factory volume all the way up and leave off about a quarter to full blast. I then use my cleansweep knob which is mounted in the armrest console to adjust the volume levels.

Factory volume and what not can still be controlled via the steering wheel along with the mute button, but it is advised to set the factory system to a stationary volume that does not distort and then use the cleansweep knob going forward.

You could very easily run the cleansweep full blown and still use the factory volume buttons for adjustment but you will sometimes get distortion if there is too much gain in the signal chain. I have everything running into a 5ch amp so I had to adjust that as well so it was a big balancing act.

To answer your immediate question though, no there is not any distortion at low levels. It is the higher levels you will have the problem if the gain adjustments are not set correctly.

SirPhobos

Established Member
It is interesting how the cleansweep works (at least in my car.) To prevent any audio anomolies I turn my factory volume all the way up and leave off about a quarter to full blast. I then use my cleansweep knob which is mounted in the armrest console to adjust the volume levels.

Factory volume and what not can still be controlled via the steering wheel along with the mute button, but it is advised to set the factory system to a stationary volume that does not distort and then use the cleansweep knob going forward.

You could very easily run the cleansweep full blown and still use the factory volume buttons for adjustment but you will sometimes get distortion if there is too much gain in the signal chain. I have everything running into a 5ch amp so I had to adjust that as well so it was a big balancing act.

To answer your immediate question though, no there is not any distortion at low levels. It is the higher levels you will have the problem if the gain adjustments are not set correctly.

Hah, that's what I meant. The reviews on the cleansweep were complaining about the processor wanting a consistent signal/volume at the head unit and the actual volume adjustments for the speakers done on the cleansweep's volume knob. I'm not sure if the bit ten has the same quirk.

Tytus2012

Established Member
The bit 10 from what I know is controlled through a laptop using there software. Everything is set according to your type of music. I have no distortion. I only have my regular volume controls. The bit 10 is a processor. I think the clean sweep i don't believe is.

Users who are viewing this thread