2015 GT350 Mustang Confirmed????????!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonb347

Established Member
So I just went to order 2015 promo stuff, they list all 2015 models for vehicle photographs and guess what, there is a Shelby GT350 listed!!!!!!! oh by the way, this is dealer promo stuff so its legit, not a shelby ship thru package

20131216_100312_zpshw7wldtj.jpg

Last edited:

Indykid

Established Member
I would think at some point they would build a 500 since the have a 350 already slated.

Jroc

Established Member
Not really a Shelby Mustang fan. I like the new GT500 because they are fast and everything but I'd rather them just call it Mustang Cobra which is pretty much what it is being SVT's Mustang.

Going back to the 60's I just never thought that Shelby Mustangs looked all that good. I think Mach 1's and Boss Mustangs were noticeably better looking cars. What would be even better idea than trying to be nestalgic with it is if they were to introduce it as a new model name all together so that way you wouldn't have to deal with the crappy Shelby color options, strips, ugly Shelby badge on the trunk, etc. You wouldn't have to force the car to try to look like a modern day Shelby from the 60's.

Last edited:

SVTDSM

Established Member
Not really a Shelby Mustang fan. I like the new GT500 because they are fast and everything but I'd rather them just call it Mustang Cobra which is pretty much what it is being SVT's Mustang.

Going back to the 60's I just never thought that Shelby Mustangs looked all that good. I think Mach 1's and Boss Mustangs were noticeably better looking cars. What would be even better idea than trying to be nestalgic with it is if they were to introduce it as a new model name all together so that way you wouldn't have to deal with the crappy Shelby color options, strips, ugly Shelby badge on the trunk, etc. You wouldn't have to force the car to try to look like a modern day Shelby from the 60's.

agree 100%
I thought ford was moving away from the retro thing. I also don't think its a good idea to have a gt350 unless its released along side of the gt500. we all know what the gt350 represents, but the majority will just think the smaller number (350) will represent a watered down version of the gt500, as this is how most auto manufactures name there vehicles.

I am really hoping for the Cobra name to make it's way back on the scene.And I really, really hope Ford is not planning to make us wait a couple more years to replace the 662hp powerhouse, cause I doubt it will be this gt350.

Darth Racer

Established Member
I like the Shelby name on the GT500s. Carroll did a lot for the Ford brand the past 50 years. Why all the dissing of Shelby?

SVTDSM

Established Member
I like the Shelby name on the GT500s. Carroll did a lot for the Ford brand the past 50 years. Why all the dissing of Shelby?

I don't dislike the Shelby name at all. I just think Cobra fits better for the new design. And I disagree with selling a gt350 without a gt500 offered at the same time.

SVTDSM

Established Member
So I just went to order 2015 promo stuff, they list all 2015 models for vehicle photographs and guess what, there is a Shelby GT350 listed!!!!!!! oh by the way, this is dealer promo stuff so its legit, not a shelby ship thru package

Did you order us a pic?:beer:

jonb347

Established Member
i did actually, but they don't ship til april. as far as gt350 and gt500 I think they will do exactly as they did originally. the 350 will be a track car, a boss-smokin high revving track car, then the gt500 will be a powerhouse when it arrives in 16 or 17

SVTPete83

Established Member
i did actually, but they don't ship til april. as far as gt350 and gt500 I think they will do exactly as they did originally. the 350 will be a track car, a boss-smokin high revving track car, then the gt500 will be a powerhouse when it arrives in 16 or 17

This.. for the majority of loyal mustangers the gt350 reps a car that could dominate a track. The 500 was the straight liner. I hope they make a 350 and it's a beast on the track. With there successes with the boss program there is no doubt they have til he talent to put out something really stout.

jonb347

Established Member
This.. for the majority of loyal mustangers the gt350 reps a car that could dominate a track. The 500 was the straight liner. I hope they make a 350 and it's a beast on the track. With there successes with the boss program there is no doubt they have til he talent to put out something really stout.

ford said that the GT will surpass the boss on the track, can't imagine a track variant. goodbye z28

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Also this could be it:

The Shelby GT350 was known as such, as it was the track car...The R version. It could be the GT500 will be the Cobra again, or something else all together. It makes no difference to me if they keep the Shelby name there. I like it. If they change it back to Cobra, that will be fine as well.

Fordfourlife

Established Member
Was hoping it would just be called GT350 and not carry the Shelby name, its just not the same anymore now that he is dead.

MOUNT-N-SLOT

Established Member

The Mustang GT is missing from this menu. See how they have the different Focus models listed? I think Ford made a typo and labeled the button for the Mustang GT as a Shelby GT350 by mistake or to troll us.

They've already announced the '15 Mustang line-up and no GT350, Boss, Mach 1, GT500.

jonb347

Established Member
actually usually with this type of thing they only list one model for a line. a focus st is totally different than a focus, its an euivalent of an SVT variant. seperating a gt and a v6 would be like seperating a focus se and titanium.

and the full lineup is not revealed, I have confrimation there will be a niche line avaliable at launch and it will not be a gt500, so gt350 makes sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread