Does anybody else have the same leak?

operator1391

Established Member
i keep getting water on the passenger side, by the floor mats. I think it might be an a/c leak but dont really know. Has anybody had the same problem?

wrxman60

Premiere Wheelman
Established Member
is it water or coolant? If it is coolant it is most likely from you heater core leaking, which is a Big job to replace

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Remember that the A/C compressor is operating when you have it in either Defrost or Floor/Defrost with the heater on so you can get water intrusion even during the winter.

emig5m

Hear it WHINE!
Established Member
Wow... I just noticed my floor on the passenger side is soaked and appears to be plain water and all fluids are full as normal so no heater core leaking and I've been running the AC like mad. Weird thing is that it appeared to just start doing it this past weekend! I had to drive through a vicious rain storm on saturday with the AC blasting, could this have something to do with it? I've been applying fresh paper towels under the floor mats the past three days to absorb the moister but it just doesn't appear to be drying!?

This is my 3rd Gen II L and I've had other F150's of the same body style era and never had this problem before! :shrug:

emig5m

Hear it WHINE!
Established Member
So what's the explanation as to why it does it? The fix article tells how to fit it (just a simple rubber elbow? :shrug: ) but doesn't tell what the cause is. As I detail my trucks nearly weekly, I still find it odd that it just started doing it "out of nowhere". Does something get clogged, etc?

emig5m

Hear it WHINE!
Established Member

Read that already. What I want to know is what the actual problem is to why the water drains into the cab in the first place and why it would just start doing it out of nowhere (i.e. does something get clogged over time, etc..) I mean, what's the deal before that little rubber elbow is installed, etc... is the drain totally blocked off by the plastic shield? Or is there orginally room between the shield and the drain hole and it just gets clogged in-between over time? :shrug: :shrug:

emig5m

Hear it WHINE!
Established Member
Read that already. What I want to know is what the actual problem is to why the water drains into the cab in the first place and why it would just start doing it out of nowhere (i.e. does something get clogged over time, etc..) I mean, what's the deal before that little rubber elbow is installed, etc... is the drain totally blocked off by the plastic shield? Or is there orginally room between the shield and the drain hole and it just gets clogged in-between over time? :shrug: :shrug:

Ok I did some research and it appears that the stock drain hole/tube doesn't stick out of the firewall far enough and can drip back through the hole in the firewall (not the actual drain hole, but the hole in the firewall that the drain exits through the firewall). The rubber elbow makes sure the water drips/drains far enough away from the hole in the firewall so that it doesn't get a chance to fall back through the hole in the firewall where the actual drain exits. :)

Users who are viewing this thread