98 Cobra---desperate to sell

codeman98

Established Member
I appologoze, for i have another thread started, but I felt it was necessary to start a new thread. I also appologize for the book that follows lol, but please be patient.

I bought this car a year and a half ago from a good friend of mine. Im 22 years old, I work full time as a dept manager at Target, and am trying to put myself through school.

Last November, a rod bearing spun, so I sent the car to Gearheads in Arlington for a complete forged rebuild. I am still paying on the car, the motor, car insurance, credit card, rent, etc. My level of stress is through the roof trying to make ends meet, and Im getting behind on my bills. Ive tried everything, trust me, I do NOT want to sell this car, but I have no other choice.

The total cost on the motor was around $6000, the car is worth a little more than $8000, according to kbb. I originally started out asking $12500, as a starting point back in June. I had an offer for $11000 from a guy who has to sell his car first, in order to buy mine, but I cannot wait any longer.

I will take any reasonable offers over $9000. PLEASE, even if you are not interested in my car, let anyone you know, whom you think would be interested.

The car is located in Denton Texas, north of Dallas.

My name is Cody, here is my direct number: 214.952.3196

100_1195.jpg

100_1180.gif

IMG_2276.gif

IMG_3519.gif

Orange Vert

EX CO-VERT
Established Member
That sucks man. You shouldn't have a problem selling it. That thing is mint. Love the color. Good luck!! - - - Have you put in on ebay or autotrader?

d-nice

Established Member
Great car. I think thats a steal. Give some details about your mods. That might help a bit.

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
This is my roommates car. It is a beast. Ready for turbo/blower. Completely forged motor with teksid block. Built up to I believe 900 HP. Has Control arms, bilstien shocks, subframes, I think H&R Sport springs (i know it has spings but maybe wrong brand), FULL EXHAUST, BBK LT's, Magnaflow O/R X and magnaflow catback, painted calipers, a lot of the paint is fresh, professionally painted mirrors and interior door panels, clutch adjuster, I believe the mileage on the car is about 100k but the motor MAYBE has 4k. Probably less. This is a HELL of a deal and it really sucks to have to see it go. We have a bad ass two cobra garage but priorities have to come first. Sorry dude. Someone buy this car for the fair price. This is well worth the money for a CLEAN BAB. I believe it Dyno'd at 280-290 with the low compression.

codeman98

Established Member
Modifications are as follows:
Suspension: Steeda upper and lower control arms, front and rear.
Ford Motorsport springs
Bilstien shocks
Maximum Motorsports caster camber plates
Sub frame connectors
Performance: Built motor with forged internals at 9:1 compression 6k miles on motor
87mm Mass air flow with stock injectors
Drop-in K&N filter
Motor: bored .30 over, Keith Black forged pistons, Ace H-beam rods, 2004 Mach One crank, ABSOLUTELY everything replaced so motor is COMPLETELY fresh, dyno-tuned ready to go.
Drivetrain: 11 inch Spec stage 2 clutch and steel flywheel
Steeda TriAx short throw shifter
Steeda clutch cable firewall adjuster
Aluminum driveshaft
Stock tranny
FMS 4.10 gears

codeman98

Established Member
thanks to all for the offers as they will all be considered. Please PM me because it is easier for me to reply. Thanks, Cody

Furinox

Established Member
This is a really nice car. I see it in person all the time. This is the absolute perfect platform to get into if you want a forced induction car.

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
Bump for a great car. Someone needs to buy this. This is perfect and waiting for boost.

Users who are viewing this thread