What is an LDC Freeplay Mod: Clutch.

Digital

Established Member
When you install a spec 3+ clutch or similiar types there is a lot of free play left in the clutch pedal, like a good inch or two of slack, makes it very sloppy up top, the kit has a spring that pushes the clutch fork back to stock location so it puts pressure on the clutch cable therefor giving you a tight clutch feeling up top.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
This is it...

2387222ClutchFork.jpg

:beer:

trmin8ter03

Established Member
I just bought this last week. I might be wrong but i think this will save your tob since you can push it back a bit so it isnt spinning against the pp all the time. I just got a new clutch in there about 1500 miles ago and i can already hear the tob making noice.

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
Yep, I just installed a ACT Twin Disc clutch set up and the LDC "free-play" mod really helped with pedal slop. I checked the clutch fork and cable operation before and after the mod...the spring keeps the cable tight up against the fork, which keeps the TOB from resting on the PP fingers when the clutch is released. Now there is a small gap of a 1/4" or so between the fingers and the TOB when the clutch is released.

Without this mod, I'm sure the my clutch cable would have eventually popped out of the clutch fork. In addition, I'm sure it'll increase the life of the TOB since it's not always resting against the fingers.

Nice $14.95 investment...

:beer:

Later...Dave

Users who are viewing this thread