Livernois Motorsports Successfully Flashed the EcoBoost F150

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Today, we were able to successfully flash our EcoBoost F150 shop truck!!

Now, we just need to get the truck on the dyno to work on our custom tune files. These files will be similar to those that have put countless other EcoBoost powered vehicles in the 12-second ET range.

I have a very long list of customers that have been patiently waiting. If interested, please email me with your name and contact info and I can let you know as soon as we're ready to start selling the tuning devices.

My email is [email protected]

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

Last edited:

jetlag

Established Member
That's awesome to hear!

I'd love to tune my truck, but don't want to sacrifice daily drivability. Will that be an issue? I know we all love to go for max power, but don't want to lose the other aspects of my truck.
I had a 2011 GT before my truck and it was tuned but the throttle was way too sensitive. I hated driving it because a sneeze would accelerate it.. Not sure how to describe it.. hah

What is the going price for handheld tuners these days?

And I don't want my gas mileage to completely go to crap... I mean.. I do have an ECOboost...right? ;)

Last edited:

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
That's awesome to hear!

I'd love to tune my truck, but don't want to sacrifice daily drivability. Will that be an issue? I know we all love to go for max power, but don't want to lose the other aspects of my truck.
I had a 2011 GT before my truck and it was tuned but the throttle was way too sensitive. I hated driving it because a sneeze would accelerate it.. Not sure how to describe it.. hah

What is the going price for handheld tuners these days?

And I don't want my gas mileage to completely go to crap... I mean.. I do have an ECOboost...right? ;)

Drivability is the same as stock during normal driving, but you'll notice a huge difference in power and shift feel at wide open throttle.

We've tuned close to 300 EcoBoost SHO, MKS, Flex, and MKT vehicles with many of the cars in the high 12's-low13's at the track and trucks in the low-mid 13's with only a tune. We've never had any failures of any kind and most people claim better than stock mileage.

Thank you,

Rick

Last edited:

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
im still about the fence about getting a 5.0 or ecoboost for my new truck. Im in the market now. If the results are impressive enough that will knock me off the fence.

can't wait for the results :dancenana:

whiplash306

Established Member
im still about the fence about getting a 5.0 or ecoboost for my new truck. Im in the market now. If the results are impressive enough that will knock me off the fence.

Go test drive an ECOBOOST man....! Then jump on into the 5.0. The performance difference between the two will floor you...! The ECOBOOST is an absolute BEAST!

whiplash306

Established Member
Hey Rick, are you expecting to be able to flash these trucks with the ability to remain COMPLETELY undetected if/when warranty work is required?

vickerw

Established Member
Hey Rick, are you expecting to be able to flash these trucks with the ability to remain COMPLETELY undetected if/when warranty work is required?

+1. I would be interested in this but don't want to void my warranty if I have a problem with my truck. Keep us posted on this! Been looking for a tune for my new EcoBoost! I love it so far!

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Go test drive an ECOBOOST man....! Then jump on into the 5.0. The performance difference between the two will floor you...! The ECOBOOST is an absolute BEAST!

I've test driven both back to back. Coming from a lightning both seemed sluggish. Of course the ecoboost pulls harder but it also sounds like a maxima. Don't know if i can get over not hearing that v-8 rumble.

99saleenspeedster

Established Member

The 5.0L trucks run great when tuned. We have a customer with a 5.0L 2WD shortbed, regular cab truck that has a 4.10 gear, CAI, and tune and it runs 13.2 quarter mile times.

Based off of our results from the EcoBoost, which I will post shortly, they should run great as well!

This I am unsure about.

Thank you,

Rick

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
We've had the truck on the dyno for a few days now and are happy with the results, but not yet complete.

Peak numbers were good, but up top it picked up roughly 85 RWHP and 90 RWTQ.

I drove the truck last night and it feels great! Much more power and the shifts are now firm and crisp.

It's back on the dyno now, so once we get final numbers I will be sure to post.

Thank you,

Rick

whiplash306

Established Member
Rick, the numbers so far are incredible. But when will you know the stealthiness of your programmer? I know that LOTS of us are waiting for that bit of info..... Are you all working towards this goal or are you solely focused on the performance aspect of the programmer only?

Andy@Livernois

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Rick, the numbers so far are incredible. But when will you know the stealthiness of your programmer? I know that LOTS of us are waiting for that bit of info..... Are you all working towards this goal or are you solely focused on the performance aspect of the programmer only?

To be honest, the days of being able to return a vehicle to stock and no one be the wiser are probably gone for good. As computers increase in capability, so do the memories of those computers. Just look at all the 5.0 guys having warranty problems. I would say the best advice is to be open, and honest with your dealership. You would be surprised what I have seen get warrantied when the truth is out there ahead of time. I am not saying Ford will for sure honor anything, but just go into it knowing these are the risks but this is where our experience is paramount. Now one has modified more ecoboost vehicles then we have. No one has the success we have. And no one that has tuned multiple ecoboost cars can claim the zero failures like we can.

whiplash306

Established Member
To be honest, the days of being able to return a vehicle to stock and no one be the wiser are probably gone for good. As computers increase in capability, so do the memories of those computers. Just look at all the 5.0 guys having warranty problems. I would say the best advice is to be open, and honest with your dealership. You would be surprised what I have seen get warrantied when the truth is out there ahead of time. I am not saying Ford will for sure honor anything, but just go into it knowing these are the risks but this is where our experience is paramount. Now one has modified more ecoboost vehicles then we have. No one has the success we have. And no one that has tuned multiple ecoboost cars can claim the zero failures like we can.

I can certainly appreciate that response! Thanks for the direct answer! Look fwd to following y'alls continued progress on the tuning of these ECOBOOST engines!

onemean460

Established Member
Rick thanks for your hard work and honesty! I will email you with my information! This is the guy that will get my hard earned money. Thanks again Rick!

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Sorry for the bad quality. The video was shot with a cell phone and I don't have great editing software on my home computer. I will get dyno numbers, graphs, and better quality video posted soon!

Monday, we were able to successfully flash our EcoBoost F150 shop truck!!

The truck has been on the dyno the past few days and we have been working hard on our custom tune files. These files are similar to those that have put countless other EcoBoost powered vehicles in the 12-second ET range. Modifications include raised boost, increased timing, transmission modifications with reduced torque management, and removed speed limiter.

I have a very long list of customers that have been patiently waiting. If interested, please email me with your name and contact info and I can let you know as soon as we're ready to start selling the tuning devices.

My email is [email protected]

[youtube_browser]DAkMvZKFVOk[/youtube_browser]

Thank you,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

jetlag

Established Member
We've had the truck on the dyno for a few days now and are happy with the results, but not yet complete.

Peak numbers were good, but up top it picked up roughly 85 RWHP and 90 RWTQ.

I drove the truck last night and it feels great! Much more power and the shifts are now firm and crisp.

It's back on the dyno now, so once we get final numbers I will be sure to post.

Thank you,

Rick

:banana::banana::pop::burnout:

awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread