anybody ditching the intercooler for meth

wildstang_93

Established Member
i was thinking of removing all the intercooler and lines and all that b.s and just put a dual spray meth into the lower intake . anybody done this with good results . if anything has to take some weight off the front of the car , and maybe add a little airflow without it going through the intercooler , what are some thoughts .

Black Sex

Established Member
IMO i dont think it would be smart...if its a track only car that would be one thing, but driving it on the street i would think you intake temps would eventualy go way up. What happens when you run out of the meth mixture? Dont you have to keep filling it?

03Cobra1979

Established Member
IMO i dont think it would be smart...if its a track only car that would be one thing, but driving it on the street i would think you intake temps would eventualy go way up. What happens when you run out of the meth mixture? Dont you have to keep filling it?

You wont run out of Meth. I have a buddy that uses it and he has a 1 gallon reservoir and I dont think he has ever had to refill it yet after a year of having it on his car.

Drives it on the street constantly.

VNM281

Established Member
You wont run out of Meth. I have a buddy that uses it and he has a 1 gallon reservoir and I dont think he has ever had to refill it yet after a year of having it on his car.

Drives it on the street constantly.

Is his meth setup on a terminator?

wildstang_93

Established Member
yes you have to refill it ,but it only comes on under boost so it will last a while if you dont go wide open everytime you drive it .

GodStang

Established Member
Positive displacement goes into boost way way way before Centri and turbos. You are talking about full boost under 1500rpms where centri and turbos are over 3Krpms. So if they "only" came on in boost then you would be draining it like a mofo. You running 15-25psi and you run out of meth in the high boost and bye bye to the engine.

The weight you would be saving is about 5lbs if that. Also the intercooler is not that restrictive in flow. So basically you would end up with more of a headache in the end for zero gain.

The best results I have seen out of meth on a PS car is 3rwhp.

2_slow_5.0

Established Member
Positive displacement goes into boost way way way before Centri and turbos. You are talking about full boost under 1500rpms where centri and turbos are over 3Krpms. So if they "only" came on in boost then you would be draining it like a mofo. You running 15-25psi and you run out of meth in the high boost and bye bye to the engine.

The weight you would be saving is about 5lbs if that. Also the intercooler is not that restrictive in flow. So basically you would end up with more of a headache in the end for zero gain.

The best results I have seen out of meth on a PS car is 3rwhp.

Most of this is true!

The fact that the most you saw from a meth car is 3 rwhp is from a obvious miss tune! I dont care who you are or what you have if your only gaining 3 rwhp from meth you should shot yourself in the head! :bash:

Most meth systems have an adjustment so you can start it at a set PSI. Example you can start it at 7 PSI and have a max of 20 so it will progressively spray more as you make more boost. This will cool your intake temp drastically.

In turn you can run more timing and more boost safely. If you have a heavy foot and your at WOT alot yes you will use a fair amount. I had it on my blower car and could go to a meet beat on my car and still have atleast 1/4 tank.

To a certain point the its very similar to nitrous on a cobra. Cobra's gain well over the amount of nitrous because it cools the air so much. Like a 50 shot making 80 to the wheels since the intake charge is so much cooler. Same concept will apply to meth.

2_slow_5.0

Established Member
But to answer your question that alone is not a smart thing to do. It will work for a turbo car or even a centrifugal blower car but not likely to allow you to do what you are asking.

SlowSVT

Established Member
I think this is a great idea :idea: Simplifies things and takes weight off the nose just as you said. Should your injector clog or you run out of meth you can always get a new engine.

Let us know what you decide to do.

03GT_to_03Cobra

Established Member
Slight change of subject, but could you use this setup to help prevent problems on high speed pulls in 5th and 6th gear. By setup, I mean both the stock intercooler and the meth?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Most of this is true!

The fact that the most you saw from a meth car is 3 rwhp is from a obvious miss tune! I dont care who you are or what you have if your only gaining 3 rwhp from meth you should shot yourself in the head!

Now that was not nice at all. And just so you know noobie, Godstang definitely knows what he is talking about. Almost worth a banning.

In any case, the only way that I would run meth on these cars would be to spray post intercooler.

2_slow_5.0

Established Member
Now that was not nice at all. And just so you know noobie, Godstang definitely knows what he is talking about. Almost worth a banning.

In any case, the only way that I would run meth on these cars would be to spray post intercooler.

I do not need social status from a web site and I am not here to misguide people with bad information. I have been building cars and racing for a long time. I am not a check book racer as many are so I spend my money where I get the most bang for my buck. For someone to say the most HP they have gained from Meth is 3 RWHP is ridiculous!

Simply put you can gain 3 RWHP by leaning out your car slightly and adjusting your fuel pressure. Meth acts as a agent to raise the octane of your gas which in turn will allow you to increase your timing and boost with out the risk of hurting your engine. Not to mention the fact that is cools down your intake charge a great deal.

You want to ban me for correcting someone whos nuts you hang from thats fine you will not hurt my feelings a bit. I am a mod on sites also and would never allow someone to post up the wrong information like the gentlemen did above.

:shrug:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I do not need social status from a web site and I am not here to misguide people with bad information. I have been building cars and racing for a long time. I am not a check book racer as many are so I spend my money where I get the most bang for my buck. For someone to say the most HP they have gained from Meth is 3 RWHP is ridiculous!

Simply put you can gain 3 RWHP by leaning out your car slightly and adjusting your fuel pressure. Meth acts as a agent to raise the octane of your gas which in turn will allow you to increase your timing and boost with out the risk of hurting your engine. Not to mention the fact that is cools down your intake charge a great deal.

You want to ban me for correcting someone whos nuts you hang from thats fine you will not hurt my feelings a bit. I am a mod on sites also and would never allow someone to post up the wrong information like the gentlemen did above.

:shrug:

Ooooo.... But yo moma is so fat that...

How old are you 16? We know how meth works. We also know how it doesn't work with a PD blower like it does spraying post blower like on a centri.

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
Meth is racegas

spray meth, up your timing, gain HP. . . regardless of cooling effect . . . the octane is in the 115 range when spraying, so advancing your timing will gain as much as 70 rwhp

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
But it isn't going to offset the heat generated by the blower withought a intercooler. I have see people lose 70 hp by not having their intercooler pump working.

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
But it isn't going to offset the heat generated by the blower withought a intercooler. I have see people lose 70 hp by not having their intercooler pump working.

I would never suggest removing the intercooler. . .

but i would suggest using meth with it. . . :beer:

2_slow_5.0

Established Member
Ooooo.... But yo moma is so fat that...

How old are you 16? We know how meth works. We also know how it doesn't work with a PD blower like it does spraying post blower like on a centri.

Obviously you have no concept of what meth does nor have you used it.

Meth is racegas

spray meth, up your timing, gain HP. . . regardless of cooling effect . . . the octane is in the 115 range when spraying, so advancing your timing will gain as much as 70 rwhp

Thank you very much! Someone that knows what they are talking about

I said once before it is not a replacement for the intercooler on out cars but it will make a difference and it will be noticeable.

You sir, are an idiot:burn: Way to get your reputation started around here:loser:

Like I said I don't need social status from a web site. I could care less what someone thinks about me. It you want to hug on someones nuts that provides misleading information because his/hers post count is high that's your business. Just because someone post a lot doesn't mean its quality information!

I would never suggest removing the intercooler. . .

but i would suggest using meth with it. . . :beer:

:beer: At least you can reason with it! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread