Who has the High Boost intake with a SCT BA2600 and who tuned it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DjOrionXTR

Established Member
Like it says above. Looking to find a new tuner for my 2.7 upper, high boost intake, and SCT BA2600 MAF. Apparently the current tuner can not get the tune right for this setup. I'm at a dead end with him. IF anyone has the same setup with a stock eaton, let me know who you have it tuned with. Any suggestions?

03Steve

Established Member
If I recall correctly, that MAF arrangement is up by the throttle body, correct?

TXEnginerd

Established Member
I have this setup on my car now but with a 2.3 whipple. I'm tuning it myself with SCT PRP. It's been a bit of a struggle getting the MAF curve dialed in but I'm really close now. Do you have any details on the issues he was running into?

Torrance

Shenanigans!
Established Member
The High Boost with the molded in MAF housing?

That shouldn't be an issue to tune. I ran the old style high boost with a BA2600 with my ported Eaton and Blankenship never had an issue tuning it.

I've been using the molded version since with a 2.3 Whipple and 2.6 Kenne Bell, without issue as well.

DjOrionXTR

Established Member
I have this setup on my car now but with a 2.3 whipple. I'm tuning it myself with SCT PRP. It's been a bit of a struggle getting the MAF curve dialed in but I'm really close now. Do you have any details on the issues he was running into?

So heres the story. It first started out him saying I possibly got sent the wrong tune. When I made throttle hit car went super lean, like into the 18's...He was saying there nothing wrong with the tune that there is a fuel issue. So I removed the High Boost intake, and the BA2600 and left the 2.7 and KB BAP on the car and loaded previous tune back onto the car with stock intake and MAF. The tune that I was running before the new setup is solid. Like 11.3-11.5's all the way. So we sent him the datalogs from my diablesport tune and he said it was irrelevant, and that tune doesn't mean anything. So he sent a revised tune and was pretty much saying it should go super rich. Switched back to the Highboost intake and the BA2600 MAF and loaded tune. Made a throttle hit from 2K it was like in the 13.5's and slowly started richining up. Still tune isn't right. He was trying to tell me I had a MAFia hooked up to car when I know I don't So, we took pictures to prove that I didn't. Last thing that was said was, nothing is wrong with his tune and that the tune is complete. So, pretty much at a dead end with him.
I ended up giving Amazon a call and decided to give him a try from all the great reviews I was reading last night on the forum.
I just still can't believe previous tuner would pull the crap he did. And not want to work with me on this.

TXEnginerd

Established Member
So heres the story. It first started out him saying I possibly got sent the wrong tune. When I made throttle hit car went super lean, like into the 18's...He was saying there nothing wrong with the tune that there is a fuel issue. So I removed the High Boost intake, and the BA2600 and left the 2.7 and KB BAP on the car and loaded previous tune back onto the car with stock intake and MAF. The tune that I was running before the new setup is solid. Like 11.3-11.5's all the way. So we sent him the datalogs from my diablesport tune and he said it was irrelevant, and that tune doesn't mean anything. So he sent a revised tune and was pretty much saying it should go super rich. Switched back to the Highboost intake and the BA2600 MAF and loaded tune. Made a throttle hit from 2K it was like in the 13.5's and slowly started richining up. Still tune isn't right. He was trying to tell me I had a MAFia hooked up to car when I know I don't So, we took pictures to prove that I didn't. Last thing that was said was, nothing is wrong with his tune and that the tune is complete. So, pretty much at a dead end with him.
I ended up giving Amazon a call and decided to give him a try from all the great reviews I was reading last night on the forum.
I just still can't believe previous tuner would pull the crap he did. And not want to work with me on this.

Sorry to hear that. It sounds a lot like my experience actually except I gave up on the tuner rather than the other way around (Rick was doing my tune before I started doing it myself). He had to put 30% more fuel in my tune than other similar setups before it was in a good AFR zone. We had another issue that he couldn't get sorted out up top but I think that was related to not having the right settings for a return system.

Once I started tuning myself, I had to almost double the airflow values from the 2600 value file to get it to run at the proper AFR. I think that's a combination of the value file being significantly off to begin with and that the gen 2 high boost intake really does move a lot of air compared to other intakes. Others have reported a tough time getting it dialed in as well.

Rick's a good guy and can probably get you sorted out. In my case I think there were just too many changes/variables and it needed more attention than a typical tuning situation (I'm still dealing with issues lol)

DjOrionXTR

Established Member
Sorry to hear that. It sounds a lot like my experience actually except I gave up on the tuner rather than the other way around (Rick was doing my tune before I started doing it myself). He had to put 30% more fuel in my tune than other similar setups before it was in a good AFR zone. We had another issue that he couldn't get sorted out up top but I think that was related to not having the right settings for a return system.

Once I started tuning myself, I had to almost double the airflow values from the 2600 value file to get it to run at the proper AFR. I think that's a combination of the value file being significantly off to begin with and that the gen 2 high boost intake really does move a lot of air compared to other intakes. Others have reported a tough time getting it dialed in as well.

Rick's a good guy and can probably get you sorted out. In my case I think there were just too many changes/variables and it needed more attention than a typical tuning situation (I'm still dealing with issues lol)

Yeah, this guy had to add 20% to mine and its still lean. He said he had to add 20% compared to what he normally does. So now that it's still lean. He wants to say my 2600 MAF is mis-stamped with 3000.. lol that theres no way its his tune. Just burns me up. Oh well..

03' White Snake

Established Member
I hadthe BA 2400 with high boost on my eaton with 2.93 upper and 4 Lb lower.

I know have that on my KB and its fine. Was tuned by Pete at Performance Dyno.

DjOrionXTR

Established Member
I hadthe BA 2400 with high boost on my eaton with 2.93 upper and 4 Lb lower.

I know have that on my KB and its fine. Was tuned by Pete at Performance Dyno.

2400 on the high boost? JLT requires the BA2600 or the BA3000..Any other MAF has a different bolt pattern..I'm reading this from their website. You sure it was the high boost?

JTBtheWelder

Established Member
I have the jlt hi boost with 2600 on my tvs cobra. Pete did the tuning, he told me from the start that he doesnt like the maf placement because of the location it gets turbulent air and some driveability issues. I battled it all this summer finally decided to switch back to a ram air setup and it runs so much smoother under low load.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I run the gen2 HB and a 2600 with my ported eaton. Runs fine and hits nice and hard when it needs to. My tuner is Brian Turner at Dynotune Motorsports here locally.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Seems like a hit or miss issue. I have this intake sitting in my garage but am waiting until spring to put it on. I also run a BA2600, its good to know that if I have any of the issues described above its more than likely a MAF issue.

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
I'm running this setup and tuned it myself using the SCT PRP software... the only issue I'm having is with cold starts. After about a minute or two of running everything is fine and this issue may not even have to due with the MAF setup.

bad93svt

Established Member
I had some drivability issues w/mine also..it was close..but not perfect..
Solution = VMP slot syle on the end like we ran in the old days with a vortech & a powerpipe..

Great drivability

cj428mach

Established Member
I had some drivability issues w/mine also..it was close..but not perfect..
Solution = VMP slot syle on the end like we ran in the old days with a vortech & a powerpipe..

Great drivability

sorry maybe I'm slow but are you saying run the intake with the maf and filter on the end? I just got a JLT true cold air (one of the first gens) and it hits the valve cover/coil cover pretty bad. I was thinking about going with one of the newer setups but if tuning is an issue I don't want to. The filter/MAF just goes right on the end of the True cold air being held on buy a rubber piece. So in theory a guy could just take that and swap it onto a new high boost and run the MAF in the fender well.

Torrance

Shenanigans!
Established Member
sorry maybe I'm slow but are you saying run the intake with the maf and filter on the end? I just got a JLT true cold air (one of the first gens) and it hits the valve cover/coil cover pretty bad. I was thinking about going with one of the newer setups but if tuning is an issue I don't want to. The filter/MAF just goes right on the end of the True cold air being held on buy a rubber piece. So in theory a guy could just take that and swap it onto a new high boost and run the MAF in the fender well.

Cut it before the MAF and rotate it a little on the TB. You'll have to get a coupler to do it.

Edit: I re-read your post. I thought you were having issues with the MAF wires rubbing the valve cover, like some of the newer High Boost intakes do with the molded in MAF housing. If thats the problem you have, then use my instructions. If not, disregard.

Last edited:

TXEnginerd

Established Member

I'm not sure how he is doing that but with the gen 2 high boost intake, there is very little clearance from the bottom of the filter to the bumper/wheel well liner. I don't think you could add a maf housing in between the two without cutting up the intake tube or having the filter extend out underneath the car.

I do know that VMP sells an adapter for their slot style MAF to go into the high boost intake. It might work for other slots style MAFs if that's what you're wanting to do. Check this thread out.

03' White Snake

Established Member
2400 on the high boost? JLT requires the BA2600 or the BA3000..Any other MAF has a different bolt pattern..I'm reading this from their website. You sure it was the high boost?

Yup, its the BA2400 on here. I made my regular CAI into the high boost by buying a larger 14" filter and a silicone coupler off the net and cut the pipe and installed the MAF up top.

photobucket-54053-1365866751717_zps951b76e6.jpg

photobucket-56680-1364741885149_zpsdbc3ba02.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread