bassani x pipe - cats or o/r?

BLACKVNM

Established Member
I have a catted bassani X and bassani catback on the car right now. I took the baffles out and I'm pretty happy with the sound. I have straight pipes for it and was debating on putting them on - anybody have any suggestions with this same set up? Do you regret taking the cats off? I did a search but didn't have much luck.

Also, I assume the power wouldn't be much different either way?

CobraOnTheLoose

Screamin Yellow
Established Member
From what i have been told you will have a little bit more rwhp w/o cats, BUT you will have more rwtq with cats. I decided to keep my cats on.

HwyKng

Street Beast...
Established Member
i have the O/R setup and sometimes wonder what the catted sounds like. But have no complants here.

beabout

Established Member
I have had your setup since 2003. Leave the cats on unless you are after more noise gain than HP and TQ. M2C

03sm3341

Established Member
Leave them in, it sounds like crap with them out! Think redneck pickup. I'll never run an O/R X again on my car.

3Dglasses

4.6 Liter rice cooker
Established Member
I have a catted bassani X and bassani catback on the car right now. I took the baffles out and I'm pretty happy with the sound. I have straight pipes for it and was debating on putting them on - anybody have any suggestions with this same set up? Do you regret taking the cats off? I did a search but didn't have much luck.

I had an O/R X for 10 days before I went O/R prochamber. Another vote to keep the cats on an X. Want to get rid of the baffles? PM me picts and price.

Last edited:

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
I took off my cats and wish I had them back,so another vote for KEEP THEM.

I had an O/R X for 10 days before I went O/R prochamber. Another vote to keep the cats on an X. Want to get rid of the baffles? PM me picts and price.

I disagree... But, it's a matter of taste I guess...

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Neighbor-yells-at-me-for_636707.htm]Neighbor yells at me for my exhaust- Video[/ame]

The only time I don't like the setup is roughly 25%-50% throttle through 2000-3500 rpms or so. It gets a little too raspy for me. But, if you live in a city with a lot of traffic, I don't think there's a better setup. It sounds the best slowly accelerating through the gears. I always get complements when I'm cruising in traffic. :beer:

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member

A little off topic, What wheels do you have on your car, they look NICE!!

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
I disagree... But, it's a matter of taste I guess...

Neighbor yells at me for my exhaust- Video

The only time I don't like the setup is roughly 25%-50% throttle through 2000-3500 rpms or so. It gets a little too raspy for me. But, if you live in a city with a lot of traffic, I don't think there's a better setup. It sounds the best slowly accelerating through the gears. I always get complements when I'm cruising in traffic. :beer:

Dang!!!! Mannn, that video is F-ing funny. I do the same thing here but sometimes i been do some burnouts!!!! piss the hell out of them!!

Users who are viewing this thread