MAC long tubes and A/C line

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
After installing my new motor with MAC long tubes, I noticed that one of the hard A/C lines is right up against the passenger side header. It has some heat wrap on it but after a little bit of driving this line blew on me and liquid went everywhere. Has this happened to anyone else? What are my options at this point?

vadorsnake04

Established Member
I can remember way back when I used to have those in like 2006 there were a few people that happened to. Iirc I think I bent my ac line just enough to get some more clearance and didn't have an ounce of trouble. Hard to remember back that far lol.

vadorsnake04

Established Member
Just thought about it, but, I bet that made a HUGEmess of your engine bay didn't it. I feel for you.

fireman02

Established Member
After installing my new motor with MAC long tubes, I noticed that one of the hard A/C lines is right up against the passenger side header. It has some heat wrap on it but after a little bit of driving this line blew on me and liquid went everywhere. Has this happened to anyone else? What are my options at this point?

yes It happened to me too. the shop I had fixed it and rerouted my ac line for free after.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
i noticed the same problem when i did my mac lt install .. i just zip tied that ac line up some by tying it to that black line right above it .. it gave some clearance so the heat wrap was no longer touching the header

546362_2951372994269_1559708353_31981473_1430267892_n.jpg

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I had the same problem years ago.
It is amazing how much smoke is created when the AC line blows out on a hot header.
A few zip ties keep the new line away from the header and the stain off my seat.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
On my 03 Gt I had a/c line rub against my mac longtubes... I was in traffic when the line let go. You'll never imagine the amount of smoke that came from under the hood. Just bend the line back you should be fine

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
Thanks for all of the info guys... I just happened to be driving the car for the second time after installing a new motor so you can imagine how I felt when I saw the amount of white smoke behind me when this happened!!

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
My friend have a mach1 with Mac longtubes. Same thing happened to him couple of weeks ago. After we installed procharger on his car. I guess during the installation the a/c line some how moved. So when he was driving it came in contact with the passenger header and burnt a hole through it. He experienced the same scenario with alot smoke coming from the engine compartment.

Mooseman0

Established Member
Guys lil off topic but u all have mac long tubes. I just installed mac longtubes and lethals off road x pipe. My rear o2 sensor reach easily and clip right up. Now the front o2 sensors on the longtubes do not reach. I bought the o2 extentions from lethal.. they clip perfect to the wiring harness but do not match up to the o2 sensors clips. I snipped the tiny plastic stops off the o2 sensors clips and they then clipped right up. Is this ok? My car is under the knife currently for a bunchoshit install. So have not started it to see if ill have a engine light or not. Thanks. And already called lethal but did not know the answer what to do.

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
Guys lil off topic but u all have mac long tubes. I just installed mac longtubes and lethals off road x pipe. My rear o2 sensor reach easily and clip right up. Now the front o2 sensors on the longtubes do not reach. I bought the o2 extentions from lethal.. they clip perfect to the wiring harness but do not match up to the o2 sensors clips. I snipped the tiny plastic stops off the o2 sensors clips and they then clipped right up. Is this ok? My car is under the knife currently for a bunchoshit install. So have not started it to see if ill have a engine light or not. Thanks. And already called lethal but did not know the answer what to do.

I ran into the same issue. The from o2 sensor needed extensions. I also cut the ears off the extension harness connectors after that they plugged right in.

A.T

Established Member
That was interesting. I thought I didn't have this problem after installing the new motor and headers last year (about 4,500 miles ago), and it was touching. I just went outside to look after seeing this thread and noticed the a/c line on the header. It's now bent away. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread