possible purchase

STG

Banned
Find a stock truck with a complete maintenance record if you expect Ford to honor the remainder of the 100,000 mile / 5 year engine warranty.

Slw01Cobra

Warrenton Select
Established Member
Hey man i used to work at Dealers Trade. Thats a nice truck but way too much money for the miles. They probably paid around $25k for that one. Used Cars at Warrenton Select, VA <----check this place out. They have a white 07 w/30k with new tires and wheels and they are asking $31. You can def get it cheaper than that and they have a huge selection of trucks! :beer:

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Hey man i used to work at Dealers Trade. Thats a nice truck but way too much money for the miles. They probably paid around $25k for that one. Used Cars at Warrenton Select, VA <----check this place out. They have a white 07 w/30k with new tires and wheels and they are asking $31. You can def get it cheaper than that and they have a huge selection of trucks! :beer:

I'm willing to guess they paid more than 26K for a SuperCrew FX4. My truck in 2005 was $36K marked down from $41K. That is probably a $36-$38K truck from a dealership in 06 at least.

To the OP: When shopping for a 6.0L Powerstroke it is wise to plan ahead. You might as well kiss the warranty goodbye on the motor, they tend to not want to work with you at all, atleast around here in MD.

2nd: A lifted rig like that, it looks to be a 6" will wear out P/S pumps. I have an 05 with 4" of lift and have gone through one already. Other's with lifted rigs have also expreienced P/S pump failure. Not saying that it is 100% going to happen, but something to plan for.

3rd: EGR system needs to be addressed. If you plan on towing with it often, it would be in your best intrest to delete the EGR system from the truck. The EGR valve has a tendency to clog up which in turn causes the cooler itself to plug causing cracks and EGR failure. When this happens your coolant will flash boil and it will "puke" from the degass bottle. If left un-checked this will also contribute to Oil Cooler failures as well as pre-mature head gasket failure. Some owners also run a coolant filter system, which is relatively inexpensive and a good idea.

4th: Clean oil and injectors. The 6.0L loves to sheer oil. And the nature of the HEUI system makes it essential to have a constant flow of clean, high pressure oil to the injector's spool valve. When this doesn't happen the injectors fail which isn't very cheap or easy to fix time wise. Some people run a filtration system such as the FS-2500 which pro-longs injector life, increases oil change intervals and majorly improves oil quality.

I'm not posting this information to scare you away from the Ford 6.0L Powerstroke motor. I am simply posting this up here to make you more aware of some of the neuances of owning a 6.0 and how picky they can be. 90% of all mechanical failures with the motor are driver inflicted through poor maintenance, abusing the truck and so on. When properly cared for they will last you a long time.

For the truck in question I would start in the low 20's for a truck that doesn't have very many options. If it has alot of options, interior and exterior are in good shape then I would start at 25-26. Don't let them try to up the price due to the fact of there being aftermarket equipment on there, that isn't your problem and they will never re-coupe the money that they invested in it, especially now. There are alot of excellent trucks out there that are being unloaded due to the current market/economy. If you take your time, you will be able to find a great buy.

I hope this lengthy post will help you in your decision or atleast give you some more information about the 6.0.

Slw01Cobra

Warrenton Select
Established Member
Yea im pretty sure they paid around $25K. I used to work there and especially the way the market is now on diesels a dealership can steal these trucks at auctions and from other dealers

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Thanks for all the information. I ended up not getting it, they were going to give me a little more than what I owe on my car but wouldn't bring the price down on the truck that would of made it worth while, because of the lift. This was really the first truck that I went out looking for so and I am in no hurry to buy. I actually started looking at the 08's but not sure about that either. I don't really want the payment of an 08 either.

Also I am not sure that I really need a diesel, since I won't be towing - if I do it will not be very often. I was just thinking about looking at the F150's instead but really haven't made up my mind. I would like to get another Lightning but would also like to have a 4x4.

So I am just going to keep looking around and if I come across a good time then cool, if not I am not going to loose sleep over it.

Good deal. Who knows, if you wait long enough the 4.4L Diesel F-150 might be released lol.

Also, don't be afraid of thinking about the v10. They pull just as well as the PSD.

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
I didn't pay but 29,900 for my 06 extra cab 4x4 Lariat and that was March of last year. It had 27,500 on it. Keep shopping, to many trucks and too few buyers. I remember 3 months after I bought mine there was a crew cab dually 2wd with less than 20k on it and probably xlt trim was $19,900 same year I believe.

Smoked SVT

Established Member
Check this truck out. I stopped and looked at it a few weeks ago. 06 Harley Davidson Crew Cab, skyjacker lift, 41" super swampers, 60k mi, turbo diesel with 5" turbo back exhaust...etc. Pretty nice truck with only a few flaws. Oh yeh and its loaded.
DSC08069.jpg

2006 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson.....MUST SEE!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread