Wheels for f-350 Dually

5PTSLO

WFO Racing!!
Established Member
So I have decided to start looking for some wheels for the truck. Its a Black 2010 F-350 Dually. I cant seem to find much in the wheels department. I am looking to run a 24" wheel. I am hoping I may find a good deal on some 10-lugs, but untill then I am keeping my options open. Anyone have any input or ideas?

Thanks

99cobra302

Established Member
go for a 22.5" Alcoa

i know its not a 2010, but you get the idea....
30_ford_f350_small.jpg

nix5o

Established Member
I feel your pain on the wheel search. I just went through this myself. My last truck was a 4x4 with 22.5's and it rode like a tank. I would strongly suggest against that. I don't know how long you plan on keeping the truck, but I don't keep my vehicles enough to justify 200k mile tires.

The 22's and 24's look bitchin, but they are expensive, even shopping around looking at used wheels it didn't look like I was going to save much money over buying new. The only problem I have with 24's is I wasn't able to find a load rated tire. Doesn't really matter if your not pulling much. But if you're not concerned about towing and stuff look up Tennessee Wheel & Tire Semi / Dually Wheels They have a custom wheel called a tow nasty, I'm pretty sure you can get it in any design, and they have a cutom offset so they don't stick out like a set of milled down 24" semi wheels.

Personally I pull quite a bit so I wanted a load rated tire, so I decided on the American Eagle 056 in 19.5's from www.duallywheels4u.com. I had them powdercoated black to change them up a bit. Not as pimp as the 24's but it still looks good. Its not a 08 but I have an 08 tailgate and rear bumper. So it will give you some of an idea.

DSCN0124.jpg

DSCN0134.jpg

MoreBoostPlease

Lifted and Boosted
Established Member
I feel your pain on the wheel search. I just went through this myself. My last truck was a 4x4 with 22.5's and it rode like a tank. I would strongly suggest against that. I don't know how long you plan on keeping the truck, but I don't keep my vehicles enough to justify 200k mile tires.

The 22's and 24's look bitchin, but they are expensive, even shopping around looking at used wheels it didn't look like I was going to save much money over buying new. The only problem I have with 24's is I wasn't able to find a load rated tire. Doesn't really matter if your not pulling much. But if you're not concerned about towing and stuff look up Tennessee Wheel & Tire Semi / Dually Wheels They have a custom wheel called a tow nasty, I'm pretty sure you can get it in any design, and they have a cutom offset so they don't stick out like a set of milled down 24" semi wheels.

Personally I pull quite a bit so I wanted a load rated tire, so I decided on the American Eagle 056 in 19.5's from www.duallywheels4u.com. I had them powdercoated black to change them up a bit. Not as pimp as the 24's but it still looks good. Its not a 08 but I have an 08 tailgate and rear bumper. So it will give you some of an idea.

DSCN0124.jpg

DSCN0134.jpg

What year is your truck? You have the 05+ front end, but the diesel badge on your door is for the old 7.3 psd, so I'm guessing pre 2003.

nix5o

Established Member
What year is your truck? You have the 05+ front end, but the diesel badge on your door is for the old 7.3 psd, so I'm guessing pre 2003.

Its an 02 with a 7.3 I just finished the 07 Harley Edition front end and the 08 Tailgate and Rear bumper. I even have the back up camera in the tail gate handle hooked up.:beer:

How much if any of your load and tow capacity is lost due to lowering the truck? Looks sick btw.

You have to take the over load springs off to lower it more than 3 inches in the back. So what I did was install helper spring air bags to make up the difference. I don't have a goose neck trailer right now, but I plan on buying one in the future, right now I pull a 24' tag trailer. So the answer to your question is none if you buy the right parts.

MoreBoostPlease

Lifted and Boosted
Established Member
Its an 02 with a 7.3 I just finished the 07 Harley Edition front end and the 08 Tailgate and Rear bumper. I even have the back up camera in the tail gate handle hooked up.:beer:

You have to take the over load springs off to lower it more than 3 inches in the back. So what I did was install helper spring air bags to make up the difference. I don't have a goose neck trailer right now, but I plan on buying one in the future, right now I pull a 24' tag trailer. So the answer to your question is none if you buy the right parts.

Where did you pick up the parts for the front end conversion? I'd love to do this to my 03 Excursion.

Users who are viewing this thread