1993 Cobra Article

93CobraGuy

'93 Cobra Member
Established Member
Thought I would try to pool all the information together in one spot, so I did a sort of writeup on the '93 Cobra. Let me know what you guys think.

1993 Mustang Cobra

Second link is a great mention of my car. Made March Mustang Of The Month over on Mustang Evolution. I'm a moderator over there as well, so join up if you want! Great site! Just thought I'd share.

Behind The Wheel: March 2011 Mustang Of The Month

BiLL1024

Established Member
Very nice!! How many miles on it? I have 167k on mine and like you put a lot of work in to it.
I noticed you say it is one of 74 with the teal/black/sunroof.
I have a teal/black/sunroof also. I think on this forum, some one said there were only 19 made, but no one could say for sure. Plus he didn't know where he heard that.
Where did you get that figure of 74 from?

93CobraGuy

'93 Cobra Member
Established Member
Someone with the info told someone else on the '93 Cobra registry. I was searching through posts and found it.

Thanks for the kind words. Mine has 140K.

TX93Cobra

Established Member
i thought the white gauges were factory... learn something new about these cars all the time =)

93CobraGuy

'93 Cobra Member
Established Member
i thought the white gauges were factory... learn something new about these cars all the time =)

That's why I wanted to write that article, so it would all be in one place. I had to "steal" info from a few different places to put that together, but it was fully worth it.

WillyB93

Established Member
It is over on the 1993cobra.com forum I think brett9303 made the remark of the 74 with a sunroof. he checked with the moderator of the site and that was the number of cars built with that specific combo. No matter what a very hard combo to find, along with the Black on Black with a sunroof, I have been searching high and low for one for months and haven't found a decent low mileage,bone stock one with some original paperwork.

BiLL1024

Established Member
I wonder if I register mine, would it be the 75th?
I haven't yet registered, heck I still never called to get my build #.
I really should do both.
I am the 2nd owner, I bought it in CT, Feb 2003.
Truthfully, I think I would rather have no sunroof. I hardly ever use it.
Lets too much sun in on a hot sunny summer day. I was thinking of making a cover with cardboard and some black cloth to cover it from the inside. Not sure if that would hurt the glass if it got too hot.

WillyB93

Established Member
What we are saying is there is only 74 cars total built with the options as your teal and black and a sunroof. In the registry they go by your build number of the car. You probably could make something to cover the sunroof just do it with some suction cups. Does your car have a million mile odometer also? Here is a link to help explain if you don't know Million Mile Odometer on Fox-Body? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

93CobraGuy

'93 Cobra Member
Established Member
Yup, here's mine.....

2011-01-07161133.jpg

BiLL1024

Established Member
No mine rolled over and reads 67xxx miles. It was first sold in CT.
Has power seat and rear defrost, no CD player.

WillyB93

Established Member
X2 on the pictures, I just thought it may have been sold originally in New York since you are out east.

BiLL1024

Established Member
It is in the shop getting tweaked a little bit..
Here is a link to the thread.
I am in NY, bought the car in CT. I am not too too far from the boarder.
[ame=http://hpmustangs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10033]Bill1024's build thread - High Performance Mustangs Inc.[/ame]

Last edited:

WillyB93

Established Member
Is the car going to be done in time for some summer cruising?

BiLL1024

Established Member
I think I will be able to pick it up end of the week, or early next week.
I will shoot a few pics and post up.

OP sorry to clutter up your thread.

WillyB93

Established Member
I am sure he don't mind keeps it on the top of the list. Good deal would like to see some pictures also!

delvin.a

Established Member
It is over on the 1993cobra.com forum I think brett9303 made the remark of the 74 with a sunroof. he checked with the moderator of the site and that was the number of cars built with that specific combo. No matter what a very hard combo to find, along with the Black on Black with a sunroof, I have been searching high and low for one for months and haven't found a decent low mileage,bone stock one with some original paperwork.

I had no idea blk/blk sunroof was so rare when I had one. I was only 19 at the time I had it, I'm pretty sure a lady owns it that lives my me now as I still see it from time to time (still just as clean as when I sold it) if I ever talk to her I'll see if she wants to sell it Willy!

93CobraGuy

'93 Cobra Member
Established Member
I had no idea blk/blk sunroof was so rare when I had one. I was only 19 at the time I had it, I'm pretty sure a lady owns it that lives my me now as I still see it from time to time (still just as clean as when I sold it) if I ever talk to her I'll see if she wants to sell it Willy!

Did you mean Teal/Black/Roof? That was the rarest.

Users who are viewing this thread