Which JB weld for cracked block?

MyFast5

Not new to 5.0s just to the website in case you guys think i dont know mustangs. I've owned 3 5.0s and have the current record on fastest stock NA AOD 302 at current full weight with me in it at 245lbs I currently
Hold the record and it's a daily driven 5.0 and on pump gas no race gas race car bs. My buddies a master ford tech and after I cracked the stock block on my stock 302 going for the record for the fastest all motor stock 302 with a AOD full interior daily driven with AC and Power steering at full weight on stock wheels stock tires stock battery size stock radiator stock hood. I have stick gears too which aren't really bad as people say. Gets decent gas mileage with the 4 way platinum plugs and actually still running the factory OEM fuel filter. Car actually drove good for its Setup as a daily driver until I can get another car. My buddy is a master ford Tech and he's the one who works on my car I wouldn't let anyone do any work to it or even wash it. So he's going to weld the block but I need JB weld on the inside I was wondering should I use the high heat JB weld or would it matter?

MyFast5

And also anyone know where I can get thinner head gaskets and raised the compression because I want more compression but want to keep 302 stock because it's my daily driver

MyFast5

Yeah I was thinking the Black JB weld which is the standard one Gould
Be enough since the block will be welded anyways the JB weld on the inside of it Is just extra strength so I doubt it will crack again. Think just trying to leave hard on stock stall converter as hard as I did put too much strain on the drivetrain so obviously probably heated up. I thought these blocks were strong but it is daily driven and raced so it's taken abuse

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
JB weld really? hahaha. A master ford tech should know better.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
JB weld really? hahaha. A master ford tech should know better.

exactly, Im still not sure if this is a serious thread, I mean, JB weld? Really? If you want to fix your problem OP there is a really good kind, its been around since the 60's its called Windsor 351, give it a shot:beer:

MyFast5

I'm not trying to do a 351W or C

As for JB weld. If people can put concrete on small cracks to fill in on a block then JB weld would be fine. If you have any experience with it you can Grind down JB weld like its metal. Idk why the block cracked anyways because probably loading the stock converter too hard and over heated the block. I have no thermostat and I even JB welded the housing shut on that so there's no leaks from constant water running through the housing. Must be a defective block And it's not like I can tell
The dealer to replace it. Summit wants to rape 600$ on a short lock setup when I don't need any bs rods pistons from them. Chinese made crap

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
kcxyed.jpg

19935.slow

Established Member
Ive seen him at osw our local track. Car is real and it flys for being stock eith a stock: fuel filter, radio, trans, rims, tires, etc etc. Ive cracked a 302 block b4, but didnt fix it, so if anyone can help the op do it!

wheelhopper

Established Member
Wouldn't it be bette to get a used block and simply have a shop clean and magnaflux it, then use what good parts you have to rebuild it. I would hate to put a lot of time into a motor to have the weak link, like a welded block, crack on me when there are tons of used ones out there.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Wouldn't it be bette to get a used block and simply have a shop clean and magnaflux it, then use what good parts you have to rebuild it. I would hate to put a lot of time into a motor to have the weak link, like a welded block, crack on me when there are tons of used ones out there.

This. No way in hell I would ever trust jb weld.

19935.slow

Established Member

He is the current record holder, he can't throw a differen't bottom end in or it wont be legit. He currently has an e.t. of 13.7 with the stock windsheild, interior, stock hatch, all glass, stock dry rotted tires, stock drive shaft, and all the other stock stuff. He's doin' it right unlike a lot of people.:rockon:

JD86

Established Member
Why not use Hubba Bubba bubble gum? I've heard the grape is the strongest. Snot may be another good option. Whatever you do though, DO NOT use mayonaise! That stuff does not hold up under extreme temps like you would expect. Smells funny too.

Just sayin'

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
He is the current record holder, he can't throw a differen't bottom end in or it wont be legit. He currently has an e.t. of 13.7 with the stock windsheild, interior, stock hatch, all glass, stock dry rotted tires, stock drive shaft, and all the other stock stuff. He's doin' it right unlike a lot of people.:rockon:

While I can respect the "max it out stock" idea, I just LOL when i see all these people posting these "records" for fastest car with EXACTLY Xmods. So what, if my 5.0 has new stock size, brand tires im not in the running because there not ORIGINAL? What if I had an aluminum DS and ran a 13 flat, I wouldn't be able to claim the "record" even though I ran WAY faster and a DS wont make that kind of a difference? Its just funny to me.

OP get another stock block and trade internals, no one will ever know and no one will ever care. Your not shooting for worlds fastest fox or anything.

GregFloresSVT

95 5.0
Established Member
I'm not trying to do a 351W or C

As for JB weld. If people can put concrete on small cracks to fill in on a block then JB weld would be fine. If you have any experience with it you can Grind down JB weld like its metal.

Then again, concrete doesn't have a crank, rods, and pistons that are moving so quickly inside of it either, its a whole different ball park...

Users who are viewing this thread