SVTPerformance Ruins Your Workday Productivity

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum.../812553-svtp-has-tons-2013-mustang-video.html

While attending the LA Autoshow we shot quite a bit of video of the new 2013 Mustangs. Here is all of them collected into one convenient location to aid you in spending more time on the internet than you may have been planning.

SVTP Talks to SVT's Chief Engineer About the 2013 GT500's New 5.8L Engine

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/sjCJdcz_Cx8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SVTP Talks to SVT's Chief Engineer About the New 2013 GT500

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/X86dnnBGFkQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SVTP Asks SVT's Chief Engineer the 2013 GT500 has 285 Rear Tires

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/wik6h8TBrgs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SVTP Does a Video Walk-Around of a 2013 Boss 302

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/EzS6ks4dCfE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SVTP Brings you Video of the 2013 Mustang Debut Party

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/oatMWr3E10k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

We also shot a few non-Mustang related videos as well.

SVTP Talks to SVT's Chief Engineer About the Raptor Frame Bending Issue

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/kfzJiNDXRXs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SVTP Does a Video Walk-Around of the Fiesta ST Concept and the Focus ST

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/i2tq5y02_zs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Enjoy:beer:

-SID297

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Great stuff!

So the cylinder head cross drilling is to cool the exhaust valves. The front lower side ducts are for an oil and rear axle cooler(s). And it sounds like the Tremec 6060 does get a traditional transmission tailshaft assembly (which would imply an integral shifter).

I watched the segment on "not using a bigger tire out back" and knew where he was going before he finished a sentence. In concert with his "Track Pack" comments on the other video along with his statement about what some of the finer sportscars use up front I see the approach but I still find fault with it. A 285 up front isn't a killer if it would have allowed balance with a 315 or bigger out back. Remember what he said, that there were three types of Mustang GT500 owners. Hence, SVT decided that the drag crowd could manage with a narrow rear tire out back by revising gearing and utilizing better electronic control because the steering was so much better with a 265 up front.

Technology is great and all...but I still wanted more rear tire!

Last edited:

Paulinator

Established Member
is it me or is there only like half and inch from the bottom of the cooler to the bottom of the lower manifold, don't you think that would generate a lot of restriction?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Very nice!

Travis are you going to PRI in Orlando?

I was there this week for the AETC conference Monday through today and will be on the floor tomorrow at the PRI show helping out a bit with the Royal Purple Automotive group sales guys.

AETC AETC Kicks Off Race Industry Week 2011 on Monday In Orlando | Performance Racing Industry
AETC - Advanced Engineering Technology Conference
The speakers were awesome!
Presenting Speakers
Richard Keller – Champion® Spark Plug (Federal-Mogul Corp.)
“Ignition Principles for Peak Engine Performance.”
Lance Ward – Fuel, Air, Spark Technology (FAST)
Advanced EFI Strategies and Tuning for Engine Power Adders and Racing
Jon Kaase – Jon Kaase Race Engines
Uncovering details proven to make incremental performance gains that count
Steve Williams – K & N
Advanced Filtration for the High Performance Engine
Rick Roberts – Edelbrock Corp
Advanced Airflow Technology and Science for Intake and Cylinder Head Development
Jason Youd – PAC Racing Springs
Understanding valve spring science, selection and optimization for best performance and longevity
Josh Stewart – Roush Yates Engines
NASCAR Valve Train Design and Development: How It Can Be Applied To Your Race Engine
Bill Hancock
How To Track Test For Performance Gains Effectively -
A Professional’s Perspective and Experience Based Strategies
Lake Speed, Jr. – Joe Gibbs Racing
Tightening Emissions Standards and the Impact on Performance Lubricants
Dr. Robert Prucka, PHD – CU-ICAR
The Use of Simulation and Experimental Results to Improve Engine Performance

PRI Performance Racing Industry - About the Show

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
I want to see this GT500, at drag-strip, road-course, and the standing mile...if thats to much to ask!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Very nice!

Travis are you going to PRI in Orlando?

I was there this week for the AETC conference Monday through today and will be on the floor tomorrow at the PRI show helping out a bit with the Royal Purple Automotive group sales guys.

AETC AETC Kicks Off Race Industry Week 2011 on Monday In Orlando | Performance Racing Industry
AETC - Advanced Engineering Technology Conference
The speakers were awesome!
Presenting Speakers
Richard Keller – Champion® Spark Plug (Federal-Mogul Corp.)
“Ignition Principles for Peak Engine Performance.”
Lance Ward – Fuel, Air, Spark Technology (FAST)
Advanced EFI Strategies and Tuning for Engine Power Adders and Racing
Jon Kaase – Jon Kaase Race Engines
Uncovering details proven to make incremental performance gains that count
Steve Williams – K & N
Advanced Filtration for the High Performance Engine
Rick Roberts – Edelbrock Corp
Advanced Airflow Technology and Science for Intake and Cylinder Head Development
Jason Youd – PAC Racing Springs
Understanding valve spring science, selection and optimization for best performance and longevity
Josh Stewart – Roush Yates Engines
NASCAR Valve Train Design and Development: How It Can Be Applied To Your Race Engine
Bill Hancock
How To Track Test For Performance Gains Effectively -
A Professional’s Perspective and Experience Based Strategies
Lake Speed, Jr. – Joe Gibbs Racing
Tightening Emissions Standards and the Impact on Performance Lubricants
Dr. Robert Prucka, PHD – CU-ICAR
The Use of Simulation and Experimental Results to Improve Engine Performance

PRI Performance Racing Industry - About the Show

I'll get into town sometime today, but I don't think I'll make it over to the show today. When do you leave?

bpmurr

Established Member
Gotta save something for the next time around.:burnout:

God I hope they keep at least the 2013 and 2014 the same saving any big changes for the 2015. I don't want to have 2010 all over again. Great videos!

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Must. Make. Lots. Of. Money. Want a 2013 GT500 more so than before. They changed so much with it. And that's awesome SVTP (Sid297) got to have a one-on-one talk with Jamal Hameedi. Lets you know SVTP is a good sized dot on Ford's radar. Quite a big honor.

Last edited:

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
Great job Travis! It is very impressive to see SVT paying attention to details such as pinion bearings, reinforced bumper covers, etc. The 2013 is definitely not a 2012 with a bigger bore & bigger blower.

Users who are viewing this thread