Livernois Motorsports 6.2L Raptor Cam Swap Results/Video

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ports-6-2l-raptor-cam-swap-results-video.html

DSC_1202.jpg

The wait is finally over for aftermarket 6.2L camshafts! We developed our own grind and used a customer truck for testing. Performance wise, the truck arrived here bone stock. Appearance wise, it looked great with the Livernois Spec bumper & lights installed by the customer.

DSC_1117.jpg

DSC_1120.jpg

DSC_1126.jpg

Baseline dyno numbers were 336 RWHP / 359 RWTQ

raptorstock.jpg

After the truck came off the dyno, we covered the front end and fenders in protective film and started to tear into it.

DSC_1139.jpg

DSC_1144.jpg

DSC_1145.jpg

DSC_1147.jpg

DSC_1150.jpg

Stock Cams / Valvetrain

DSC_11561.jpg

DSC_11562.jpg

DSC_1162.jpg

Front Cover Removed

DSC_11652.jpg

DSC_11653.jpg

Chains Removed

DSC_11658.jpg

Rocker Arms/ Cam Caps Removed

DSC_116511.jpg

Stock Cams Removed

DSC_116518.jpg

Livernois Upgraded Spring Kit - Buy It Here!

DSC_1166.jpg

Livernois Billet 6.2L Camshafts - Buy Them Here!

DSC_1168.jpg

Livernois Billet Cam Installed

DSC_1171.jpg

Caps Installed

DSC_1173.jpg

OEM Cam Phaser w/ Livernois Limiters Installed

DSC_1177.jpg

Phaser w/ Limiters Installed

DSC_1190.jpg

Livernois Rocker Brace Kit Installed Buy It Here!

DSC_1202.jpg

In addition to the cams, we also added an Airaid CAI Stainless Works Longtube Headers, Mid-Pipe w/ Cats, and Catback.

The last few trucks with the exact mods (minus cams) made right around 370 RWHP / 395 RWTQ

The post mod numbers with cams, full SW exhaust, CAI and tune were 405 RWHP / 410 RWTQ.

Peak gains were 35 RWHP / 10 RWTQ, but up top the gains were much more.

raptorcams.jpg

Stock baseline vs. Post Mods

raptorcamsexhaustcai.jpg

DSC_1221.jpg

DSC_1223.jpg

I drove the truck today. It sounds great and has a nice, mild lope at idle. Drivability is excellent!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/rsTJwzrw-pU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

The cam kit can be found on our website here

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

Last edited:

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
How's the gas mileage after this? Affected much at all? I'll be getting a Raptor sometime this year & will be looking for daily driver friendly mods.

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
How's the gas mileage after this? Affected much at all? I'll be getting a Raptor sometime this year & will be looking for daily driver friendly mods.

The customer picked it up a few days ago and went got on a flight out of town within an hour of picking it up. I'll follow up with him when he gets back to see how mileage was affected.

-Rick

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
That's pretty sweet. Maybe then it'll be fair if a Raptor tries to mess with a Lightning. I know a stock 6.2 vs a L with a few mods, the Raptor gets murdered.

Dogshark

Established Member
Nice! I bet it was a PITA to work in that engine bay. Looks tight in there.

Raptors are one of the worst gas guzzlers w/ poorest mileage. You got lots of money if its your daily driver.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Thats pretty sick. Looks like it did 0-60 somewhere between 5-6 seconds. Thats pretty quick for a truck with, what?, 35" BFGs, the aerodynamics of a brick and weighs a crap load.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
man that truck sounds good. i also wonder what MPG are now.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
nice gains all across the board, I would love a 6.2 in the stang, would really love if they make it a 4V 6.2

DEADLY FORCE

Established Member
nice gains all across the board, I would love a 6.2 in the stang, would really love if they make it a 4V 6.2

How bout the SC 5.8 in the 2013 gt500, pretty close to 6.2 size and it's a 4v. I wouldn't want that 6.2 in a mustang. Especially when it makes close to the same power stock as a 5.0L. I'm sure the 6.2 is probably detuned for durability though. Is it the low end torque that you would like from the 6.2?

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
nice thats a good amount of HP you got out of that, the hennesey one puts about the same hp down too right? The Velociraptor. (non s/c one)

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
How bout the SC 5.8 in the 2013 gt500, pretty close to 6.2 size and it's a 4v. I wouldn't want that 6.2 in a mustang. Especially when it makes close to the same power stock as a 5.0L. I'm sure the 6.2 is probably detuned for durability though. Is it the low end torque that you would like from the 6.2?

it is the displacement and potential of the new head designs and possibility for direct injection, the 5.8 is nice, but its older less efficient technology. A 4 valve 6.2 means a large displacement engine ready to suck in a major volume of air. Also it will likely respond to mods easy and be a non-supercharged motor so less stress on parts.

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Thanks for the replies!

Nice! I bet it was a PITA to work in that engine bay. Looks tight in there.

Raptors are one of the worst gas guzzlers w/ poorest mileage. You got lots of money if its your daily driver.

It's definitely tight in there!

Sounds awesome! But a little off topic, where do you get the blue fender protectant stuff?

I'm not sure, I'll check with purchasing and find out.

-Rick

Users who are viewing this thread