What's the best way to hook up switch to intercooler pump?

03_termi

Established Member
Iv looked on a few different forums and was wondering the best way to wire up a switch for the intercooler pump? I want the switch inside the car and the pump to operate normally with the switch off. I was planning on using the cig lighter for my power source since I'm putting the switch right next to it. So what I'm wondering is what wire on the pump I should connect to or is there an easier wire to connect to?

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
It's simple. All you need is a simple two wire switch.

Basically what you are wanting to do is complete the circuit.

Put one wire on the left connector pin and the other on the right connector pin. Put the switch wherever you would like.

I bought a 3 dollar switch from autozone with wires attached. Stripped the ends, put the wires under the relay, drilled a small hole and mounted the switch in the relay housing cover. It operates like normal until the switch is turned on, then it bypasses the relay and runs all the time.

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
I did the same thing but i mounted the switch in the glove box and also ran a separate switch for the high speed fans

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
anybody have any pics of the finished job. I'm planning out my install and would like some ideas. I'm thinking two small rocker type switches on a bracket that attaches to the stud that bolts the auxiliary relay box to the fender. one switch for the I/C pump and one for the high speed fan

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
anybody have any pics of the finished job. I'm planning out my install and would like some ideas. I'm thinking two small rocker type switches on a bracket that attaches to the stud that bolts the auxiliary relay box to the fender. one switch for the I/C pump and one for the high speed fan

sub'n for pics of said finished jobs :D

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I agree...this needs a writeup for dummies like me!!!
Fans and I/C pump!

stal94gt

Established Member
i made mine the easy way, just like jumping the ic pump all i did was shove 2 wires in the tabs where the relay went then i put the realy back in then drilled a hole and used a switch i got from autozone.

34557348195.jpg

2001blkR

Established Member
I cut out the slotted coin holder a little with an exacto knife and put a switch in there

Users who are viewing this thread