NXT Hood Strut Install with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

mullens

Established Member
I posted this because NXT's instructions leave much to be desired.

1) Move the the window washer reservoir tube. It's located on the passenger side on the hood and is in the way of the bracket you will be installing. Just pull out the plastic clip that holds the tube (the one nearest to the front of the car), move it aside and leave it alone. The tube is still held by the other clip. See my first pic.

Repeat the below steps for both sides. All original bolts are reused.

2) Remove the fender bolt closest to the firewall and replace reinstall with the bottom bracket (small one). They are stamped Pass and DRV so you can't screw up. Make sure you use the BACK bolt closest to the firewall or the hood will not close.

3) Remove the top bolt on the hood flange (closest to the front of the car) and loosen the rear bolt. The bottom hole of the brackets are slotted so you can slide the bracket onto the back bolt.
This is very important: When you loosen the hood flange bolts, the hood will slide back a bit on the flange. Not to worry. Before you loosen, place two pieces of masking tape (one on the hood the other on the flange) as shown in my 3rd pic and make marks on it so you know where the hood's original position was. Install the bracket with the original bolts and make sure those marks are lined up before you tighten it down.

4) Snap the struts into place LARGE SIDE UP.

You're done! After you are done lower the hood SLOWLY and make sure there are no obstructions with it closing. I touched up the bolts with OEM paint after completion.

Good Luck
003-1.gif

002-3.gif

004.gif

005.gif

006.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread