Midwest Guys Ia/Neb/Mn/Mo/KS

03snkvert

Established Member
Thinking about trying to put some type of meet together and thought I would see who would be interested and try and get some Ideas.

In 2009 we met up in Council Bluffs with the Nebraska Guys and had a great turn out, did a little cruising and had some lunch.

I think it would be kind of cool to try and get a Central location and have a little impromptu car show. Maybe find a Restaurant and see if they could hold back some parking for us, and maybe then try and figure out a place to cruise and get some pics.

Let me know if you guys have any Ideas!

Also: I am planning on trying to get a group of Mustangs together for a Car Show at the Newton Speedway again this year! This usually happens around Mid Sept to Mid Oct

Last edited:

VtekII

Established Member
that could be pretty awesome... if i have another terminator(which im working my ass off to get) by then i will most likely be down!

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
I would be down for this. Open to suggestions. I guess the biggest problem for most the Omaha/Nebraska guys is they cant drive but 50 miles and you cant plan too far ahead cause scheduling is out of the question :poke: hahaha.
What would be central of Des Moines, Sioux City and Omaha/Lincoln?

03snkvert

Established Member
Looking at it, Council Bluffs is pretty Centrally Located if you go with the guys from Central Iowa and Lincoln and Sioux City. If we add any guys from Eastern Iowa etc we would have to re-evaluate.

Not sure of any Restaurants in the Council Bluffs Area!

I am thinking Just meeting up and getting a bite somewhere, and shooting the shit for a bit, and then maybe just a cruise to the Lake again or somewhere we could take some pics.

Trying to get everyone out driving around is a PITA!

Last edited:

03snkvert

Established Member
I am thinking sometime around Mid June or something, when the weather is nice for some top down driving!

JustaGT5408

Established Member
definitely would love to make it this year. im pretty sure there would be at least 3 of us from marshalltown that would go. we are all pretty easy to get along with as far as location goes.

03snkvert

Established Member
yep id be interested... why so late.... may is usually warm as hell

First year we did it was the last week in April and it was Cold! The last time we went to Council Bluffs in Mid-June, I think the weather was perfect.

If we were to move it up, it would have to be like Mid-May because of Memorial Day!

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Id be cool with Mid May that should give me enough time to get my car all done well for this set of mods. Isnt there a lake or something near Shelby Ia or county? Cant remember where exactly cause that is midway or close to for omaha guys. I am down for a drive, the last cruise we all did was way to short imo.

03snkvert

Established Member
If Mid-May works for everyone, I am fine with that. Only thing that might come up for me is the Lazerfest Concert they have every year around mid may.

I wouldn't be opposed to going back to Lake Manawa, now that I kind of know where it is. It was kind of cool how people were coming out of there houses or staring as we all rolled through (even though it was a couple small groups).

Does anyone know of any restaurants in the CB area that are 1) good and 2) think they may be willing to give up part or there parking lot for a few hours.

I am not saying we have to go to Council Bluffs, I just know that is kind of Midway for the Lincoln and Central Iowa guys.

We could discuss doing a cruise also, but last time after the 2 hour drive to CB (a little more because we got a little lost) and then the 2 hours home I was tired of being in the car!

zeus201

Established Member
Id be cool with Mid May that should give me enough time to get my car all done well for this set of mods. Isnt there a lake or something near Shelby Ia or county? Cant remember where exactly cause that is midway or close to for omaha guys. I am down for a drive, the last cruise we all did was way to short imo.

I'd be down for Mid-May or early May.

If Mid-May works for everyone, I am fine with that. Only thing that might come up for me is the Lazerfest Concert they have every year around mid may.

I wouldn't be opposed to going back to Lake Manawa, now that I kind of know where it is. It was kind of cool how people were coming out of there houses or staring as we all rolled through (even though it was a couple small groups).

Does anyone know of any restaurants in the CB area that are 1) good and 2) think they may be willing to give up part or there parking lot for a few hours.

I am not saying we have to go to Council Bluffs, I just know that is kind of Midway for the Lincoln and Central Iowa guys.

We could discuss doing a cruise also, but last time after the 2 hour drive to CB (a little more because we got a little lost) and then the 2 hours home I was tired of being in the car!

I probably made it worse when we all left because of that stupid SCT chip. In the end, one of the groups will have to "committ" to a longer driver to get to the destination.

03snkvert

Established Member
I dont mind the drive to CB, however, if the NEB guys are looking for a longer cruise, you guys could always head up to Central Iowa! I know of a few places around here that we could try and use a parking lot for a while! Then Cruise up to Saylorville Lake or the Ledges in Boone!

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Cool I'd be down for a cruise to Des Moines. There are some really good spots at Saylorville and Peir has some excellent catfish fingers. I think it would be cool to cruise down on a Saturday and then camp and head back a Sunday.

03snkvert

Established Member
Cool I'd be down for a cruise to Des Moines. There are some really good spots at Saylorville and Peir has some excellent catfish fingers. I think it would be cool to cruise down on a Saturday and then camp and head back a Sunday.

That would be kind of cool, let me know what you Nebraska guys want to do! and I can start looking for somewhere that has a lot we could use for a while and a cruise route up to Saylorville.

Users who are viewing this thread