1986 Ford Mustang SVO - modded

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
Up for sale is my 86 SVO. If I remember right, there were under 10k of these cars produced over the course of 84-86 in total. This SVO shows 70000 miles and has rolled over once so actual mileage is about 170,000. It has been in a garage the whole time I had it and the previous owner so a total of about 4 years. This one was originally red and was painted white (engine bay left red). Outside of the car does not necessarily look bad but it has its spots. To really make this car look nice, all it really needs is a good paint job and detailing the interior. It does have some small rust spots here and there, but nothing that the body shop couldn't handle if you get it painted. Here is a list of mods that I know the car has:

-Freshly rebuilt 2.3L with about 650 miles on it
-Billet cam (unknown specs)
-Esslinger adjustable cam gear (not installed)
-stock 35lb. injectors currently (have a set of 42lb green tops that will be included)
-Gutted upper and lower intake
-throttle body from a 95 5.0
-custom tubing with a FMIC
-Be Cool Radiator
-New (same miles as motor) Turbonetics T3/T4 polished turbo
-Manual Boost Controller
-short-throw shifter (not sure on brand)
-boost and air/fuel gauges in a-pillar
-3 inch downpipe and exhause all the way back, single outlet, w/flowmaster muffler
-8.8 rear end (after breaking 2 7.5's in it, lol, not sure on gears)
-adjustable fuel pressure regulator
-firewall adjuster for clutch

Car runs and drives great. Boost hits 18psi and then settles to around 16-17psi. No problems with tranny. The bad things are: no a/c, power windows act up occasionally (motors most likely going out), no speakers/in-dash, needs e-brake cables, on the passenger side it does have a small rust spot that has gone through on the underside, and passenger arm rest needs to be put back on (have it in the back seat now, lol). This is a very rare car and gets looks wherever I go, sounds pretty cool too! I also have original rims that will go with the car. Asking price is $3000obo.

upper intake porting
UpperIntakeafterporting.jpg

lower intake porting
lowerafterporting.jpg

FMIC
IC1.jpg

Older pic with stock rims
frontleftsideviewSVO.jpg

Turbo
closeupofturbo.jpg

Comparison of old to new
anotherviewof2turbos.jpg

on stand
angledshotwithoutturbocovers.jpg

Last edited:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Does the ac not work or was it deleted? What would it take to get it going.

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
Does the ac not work or was it deleted? What would it take to get it going.

A/C is deleted and I do not have it still. I got the car without it and I'm not 100% sure if mounting is the same on the N/A 2.3 mustangs or not. I'm sure the a/c off of a turbo coupe or merkur would fit though if you can find one. I just roll down the window, lol.

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
just ordered a new manual boost controller to turn her up a little (old one was a cheap plastic one, wouldn't hold over 10psi, lol)

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
You live where my Aunt and Uncle live LOL. That is a good 12 hours from here too bad I wasnt closer because I love the old SVO's. GLWS BUDDY

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
Thanks guys. It's definitely a pretty fun car to drive around town in, gets a lot of stares. Will be getting the new mbc, oxygen sensor, and knock sensor on as soon as they arrive and turning it up a bit. If it's not gone by then, I will be putting a vid or two of it up.

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
just got the new o2 sensor on there and boost controller... still need to fine adjust it, first time it went up to 20psi, lol. It was fun though! Trying to get it set right at 16psi. Looking for something with high gas mileage, good condition that I can put some miles on (4 door preferred) if you have a trade.

On a side note, took it to a car show yesterday and it got 2nd place.

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
Ok, car is dialed in now, it hits 18psi and then "settles" to 16-17psi. All I can say is wow. lol. be ready for the 1-2 shift, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread