Window problem

JDrake

Established Member
I was waiting in line at the dragstrip when i noticed my driver side window willnot roll up, so she is sitting in my garage w/ the window stuck wide open. Any suggestions/ reasons why this happened?

JDrake

Established Member
i just tried it again, no luck, but when i push the button down there is a loud click but there is no sound when i push it up.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
Possible window motor. Pull the door panel off, get a test light or DMM and check for power at the motor.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Slam your door while holding the button down.

THIS is the solution! I had the problem on my 95. slamming the door while holding the button down will get the window to go up. then go to the dealer and have them take a look at it. I had my motor replaced under warranty.

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
Holy crap! it worked! What do i do now?? is it the motor?

If that trick ever fails try hanging two bags of ice on the side of the door. Most of the time it is the heat that causes the motors to fail. Mine locks up every time the sun beats down on the drivers side for a few hours. Once it cools down it starts working again.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Holy crap! it worked! What do i do now?? is it the motor?

since it worked I would wait and see how often it happens. I had to fix mine this way prolly 4 or 5 times before I got frustrated and took it too the dealer and they replaced it for me.

JDrake

Established Member
since it worked I would wait and see how often it happens. I had to fix mine this way prolly 4 or 5 times before I got frustrated and took it too the dealer and they replaced it for me.

ok, when i just rolled it up it did sound like it was struggling a bit, i guess ill leave it alone for now, i dont have any cash to fix it now anyways. Thanks for all your help guys :beer:

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
The loud clicking is actually the window relay. Common problem, but a PITA to fix since you have to go digging around under the dash to replace the relay. If the relay is clicking 9 times out of 10 the window motors are fine, it's just the relay acting up.

SLVR01Snake

Established Member
If you got your window to go up, and you got it unstuck i would worry about it unless it continues to happen, because mine did the same a about a year ago, so i just beat on the door panel while holding the button and it went up, and i have been rollin it up and down for over a year with no problems!

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Slam your door while holding the button down.

I'll be damn! I drove the vert to work today and the window wouldn't roll up. The top has been down for at least several weeks so who knows when this happened.

However, thanks to this thread sticking in the back of my memory, I knew to do the "two handed slam, I look like a dork" method of closing my door and rolling up my window.

Thanks peeps! I'd say I owe you one, but nah.

Users who are viewing this thread