03/04 terminator chin or mach chin on 01 cobra bumper?

terminator chin spoiler, mach 1 chin spoiler or neither

• terminator chin

Votes: 39 43.8%
  • mach 1 chin

Votes: 33 37.1%
  • the way it is

Votes: 17 19.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
post up pics of both if you have them.....i bought an 01 cobra bumper and i'm undecided about which chin spoiler to put on it. which do you guys like best? 03/04 terminator chin, mach 1 chin or leave it the way it is

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
I change my mind on this weekly. I just can't decide between the mach 1 or the cobra chin. I like the mach because it is aggressive but dislike that it isn't long enough to reach the wheel wells. The cobra chin is nice because it is different(as far as chin spoilers on mustangs go), it is a different type of aggressive and it appears to fit a bit better; only downside is it is like $50 more than a mach 1 chin and isn't as aggressive. Ugh the indecision. lol.

cobrasvtcoupe25

Established Member
I change my mind on this weekly. I just can't decide between the mach 1 or the cobra chin. I like the mach because it is aggressive but dislike that it isn't long enough to reach the wheel wells. The cobra chin is nice because it is different(as far as chin spoilers on mustangs go), it is a different type of aggressive and it appears to fit a bit better; only downside is it is like $50 more than a mach 1 chin and isn't as aggressive. Ugh the indecision. lol.

+1 totally agree w/ you and that's why I still don't have one...

matt87

Established Member
i'd like the mach 1 chin spoiler if it could be painted to match. i just dont like that much black plastic hanging off my front end.

lancec2c30

I just gagged
Established Member
I have yet to see a new edge bumper with a cobra chin spoiler. Anyone have any pictures?

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
here are a few pics I pulled from past threads.

the 03 just lines up soo well
230592715full2me0.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

cobra201hh2.jpg

cobra202qh7.jpg

cobra200ch1.jpg

but the mach 1 chin just fits the lines and aggressive styling.
100_0231.jpg

Mach%201%20Chin%20Spoiler.jpg

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
I'm putting the 03 chin on mine once I get the new bumper painted. I have the chin and the bumper (another 99/01) and actually have my old one sold, but I just need to find a painter.

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
I'm putting the 03 chin on mine once I get the new bumper painted. I have the chin and the bumper (another 99/01) and actually have my old one sold, but I just need to find a painter.

why did you go with a new bumper? How come you just didn't re-paint your current one?

also what rims are you rocking these days, i remember yours being for sale, but not sure what you wanted to replace them with.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
too bad your not 5 states closer, id do it for ya. ive done all my own stuff.

It would be very nice. I have a room full of stuff I need to paint, but haven't yet befriended a painter here.

why did you go with a new bumper? How come you just didn't re-paint your current one?

also what rims are you rocking these days, i remember yours being for sale, but not sure what you wanted to replace them with.

One of the tabs on the side is busted on mine and there is a small wave in the paint/bumper. Both things are noticeable only to me, but they drive me crazy. I hadn't planned on buying a new one, but I got a ridiculous deal on one locally, so it'll be roughly a push to make the swap.

Iforged Revs are the newest wheels. I've been trying to take pics of the car for like 3 weekends now, but the weather hasn't cooperated. New ones soon.

IMG_9788-edit-web.jpg

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
It would be very nice. I have a room full of stuff I need to paint, but haven't yet befriended a painter here.

One of the tabs on the side is busted on mine and there is a small wave in the paint/bumper. Both things are noticeable only to me, but they drive me crazy. I hadn't planned on buying a new one, but I got a ridiculous deal on one locally, so it'll be roughly a push to make the swap.

Iforged Revs are the newest wheels. I've been trying to take pics of the car for like 3 weekends now, but the weather hasn't cooperated. New ones soon.

IMG_9788-edit-web.jpg

dang well I look forward to that shoot:rockon:

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
IMHO,,,New Edge...clean chin...looks best. The New Edge generally lacks black plastic as delivered. Black Mach/Term chin works on black NEs....although the full length Mach chin on the red Cobra above with the black hood panel looks pretty good. Never liked the tacked-on plastic look.

guilly55

Established Member
I like the 03 chin myself, just looks like it flows better. For those who are interested check out teamshinoda.com for the 01 spoiler. I don't care for it, but some of you might like it.

lancec2c30

I just gagged
Established Member
I really only like the looks of either spoiler on the black new edges....

I guess I will just have to get a 03 style bumper. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread