$11.99 plus tax mod...

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
$19.99 plus tax mod... (FOOTWELL LIGHTING)

**EDIT**

Footwell lighting that comes on with the interior lights and turns off with them as well. (e.g if you open the door, the dome or maplights come on, and so do these at the same time. When you shut the door, they go off)

Initial mod was with some $11.99 LED lighting pods, but they were very dim at night, thus I decided to pick up a set of red LED strips package for $19.99 at Autozone (don't mind the cell phone pic)
img00726websmall.jpg

How to:
interiorlighting01.jpg

Spliced into the 2 black wires. One is solid, the other has a white stripe. Leave the green one alone. The wires run down the passenger side only.

I used some velcro strips (better to use zip ties..and works better than the velcro) that I had to attach them to the underdash section. It's not very convenient to mount, but just do it as you want since no one looks there, all you need is the light output.

dsc4024webcopy.jpg

Ignore the dirty carpeting..have not vacumed in a few days..

Another shot.
dsc4027webcopy.jpg

Since they're spliced into the dome (coupes) / map reading lights (verts), they come on/go off together. They are also controlled by the headlight knob.

I might also extend 2 more modules to the bottom rear of the front seats so that the rear passenger/floor lights up as well.

Pics of a 2010 GT that comes with this setup from the factory if someone wants to see them:
dsc1823smallweb.jpg

dsc1817smallweb.jpg

Last edited:

Established Member
The zone:

AutoZone.com | LED Exterior Accessories

I had used those little pods , but I switched them out for a pair of red LED strips that light up MUCH better and light up the whole area instead of one focused spot like the prev ones ($19.99) but I do not see them on the zone site.

Updated cell phone pic:
img00724smallweb001.jpg

Last edited:

Hodgepodge

Established Member
nice i like those strips much better too. it would be cool if they dimmed out (instead of just turning off) like my f150 does

bwahl602

Established Member
whered you mount them?

looks good, ive been thinking about doing this.. My dad's acura TL type S has the same thing but much dimmer, but they stay on while your driving at night... they are much dimmer though

Established Member
whered you mount them?

looks good, ive been thinking about doing this.. My dad's acura TL type S has the same thing but much dimmer, but they stay on while your driving at night... they are much dimmer though

Small zip ties to tie the LED strip to the existing under-dash wire harnesses on the passenger side with the led strip facing down right at the edge of where the glove box is bolted up.

Same thing on the driver's side, but onto the wiring close to the right knee and on the left side next to the fuse box. You just gotta figure it out..takes 2-5 min to do each side under the dash.

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
I did the pod style in blue in my wife's CRV, and love the look! This reminded me that I need to do it on my vert too.;-) I want the red like you have to match my 10th anniversary accents.;-) Thanks for reminding me of yet onther mod I still have to get to!:dw: j/k!:lol:

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
Every time I look up you have another nice little cheap mod that looks amazing. I wish I had a mind for that but I don't so I just screw it up :nonono:
Good job man looks awesome:rockon::beer:

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member
I really like the lighted up MUSTANG lettering on the GT500 pic, wished they made them for our generation :(

Users who are viewing this thread