Powercoated Exhaust Tailpipes(PICS)

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
I decided to try something different and i asked my dad if he could powercoat all my exhaust and see what it looked like. Overall i think i looks really sharp, the silver and chorome does a nice contrast. Well here is some pics of the results, let me know what you guys think.

Note: Im the first to attempt this and also to put a Functional IRS exhaust in SRA.

IMAGE_157.jpg

IMAGE_158.jpg

IMAGE_159.jpg

IMAGE_160.jpg

IMAGE_152.jpg

IMAGE_155.jpg

Last edited:

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
i wonder how its gonna hold up to the heat and the rocks

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
Here's some teaser pictures of them somewhat on, i still have to align them and make them look nice and pretty, this is going to be installed in SRA 99 Cobra. Let me know what you guys think.

IMAGE_161.jpg

IMAGE_162.jpg

IMAGE_163.jpg

fastback brian

Established Member
nice job on the pipes, looks clean... I would try some stock irs pipes first, I think the axle housing may beat up the pipes a bit...

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member
I like it man, and the powdercoat will def hold up to rocks and shit, just don't hit any speedbumps that fast :D How much do you think it would cost an average joe to get that done? Just curious

Power to the black Cobras btw!

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
I like it man, and the powdercoat will def hold up to rocks and shit, just don't hit any speedbumps that fast :D How much do you think it would cost an average joe to get that done? Just curious

Power to the black Cobras btw!

Thanks Dude :beer:

I would say it costs about $100-$200 bucks to do it. I wouldnt do it if it was more than that.

Black Cobras FTW!

Bite Me

Established Member
Kinda wondering why you would put an IRS catback on? Unless its to save money I dont see why I wouldnt like to have to take my exhaust off every time I needed to do something to the axle.

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
Kinda wondering why you would put an IRS catback on? Unless its to save money I dont see why I wouldnt like to have to take my exhaust off every time I needed to do something to the axle.

I got a lift at work so it dont matter, plus its not that im saving money i like the look of the IRS pipes.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member

Because the IRS exhaust is one of the coolest things about Cobras! And if you need to service your axle enough to where you're constantly having to pull your diff apart, you should look into a new hobby. Build your SRA right once and be done with it!

Users who are viewing this thread