Damn Thieves!!!

Sirl

Established Member
MY TRAILER WAS STOLEN!!

I was paying for a parking spot in a warehouse area. Usually do a drive by and check on it every week or so... Did a drive by yesterday, and its gone!!

So Freakin Pissed!!!!

I HATE YOU, YOU GOD DAMN THIEVES!!!
I HOPE YOU DIE IN A FIRE!!! :burn:

Sirl

Established Member
I posted this on my local forum.
I highly doubt it will turn up, but just for shits n giggles, here's some details
and things that would distinguish my trailer from others...

I welded in that hitch receiver for my winch.
It has those same gold color tie down loops on all 4 corners
I also welded diamond plate on the ramps to make it a smoother ride up
I also lowered it by about 2 inches by drilling new holes where the leaf springs mount
Had a fairly new bottle jack on the front

Trailer5.gif

Trailer3.gif

Trailer2.gif

Trailer1.jpg.html

Diamond plate welded on ramps
IMG_0284.jpg

Better shot of the winch receiver
Weld12_zps1e0d745b.gif

darreng505

Established Member
Well, did you check local police compound? Maybe someone called it in thinking it was abandoned.
Also, there are various security devices you can add to protect a trailer that are cheaper than a new trailer. Things like a universal boot, ball lock, etc.

Sirl

Established Member
Filed a police report, it was not towed away,
It did have2 locks on it, not a boot, but others, of course.

I regret not having a separate insurance policy on it though.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I just added insurance last week on my enclosed trailer. I put it off for a long time. All I had to do was give them the VIN and pay $50 for the year. To cheap not to do.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
I'll keep an eye open here in central fl for it. Hope it comes up! Some guy on the bullet took his entire race setup. Truck, trailer, car and all. I ****ing hate thieves. Should be legal to shoot on sight.

Sirl

Established Member
Thanks man, I appreciate it.
Just bummed because it changes all my plans... If I have no place for a Trailer, then maybe just sell my car and get something back to more streetable. My car is fine on the street, but, maybe just step up to a S197, with a/c, etc.

Anyone interested? 2000 GT, Max Motorsports, front to rear!
I've owned it for nearly 8 years, and it runs like a top, never broken, ever.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Mitch, I understand how pissed you must be, thieves suck and should feel the pain of what they do.

But take a few breaths before you do anything drastic. You may be able to borrow a trailer for awhile, put off a race or something. Make sure if you sell and upgrade it's because you want to, not because some low lives cause you to.

Last edited:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Been there. I worked at a local welding shop and a guy there asked to borrow my trailer. Mistake #1 I told him sure no problem but I was going out of town Friday night and he could borrow it Saturday afternoon. We get back to town sat afternoon and my trailers gone.

Mistake #2 I had been keeping it out at the farm but no one lived there so I worried about it getting stolen. Had to use it to go rescue a buddy's girlfriends junk car and after that I left it parked in the street in front of my house. Small town, good neighbors what could happen right?? Wrong.

Trailer was uninsured. The most I ever heard was that it was sold and out of the state in two days! :mad: Ofcourse the jackass that wanted to borrow it had no idea what happened. If I had to guess he mentioned what I said to one of his stoner thieving buddies and they took it from there.

New trailer has a ball hitch padlock, not the cheesy ones they sell at autozone. Those take one whack with a hammer and they fall off.

It took me a few years to get another trailer. Keep your eyes open and find another one. Chain that bitch up and pay to keep it at a gated storage yard.

Last edited:

wheelhopper

Established Member
I keep both a ball hitch lock and a locking hitch pin on my trailer when in storage. I figure it is just that much more they have to remove to take the trailer. The storage place I keep it has a locked gate and a camera security system. Worth the $60 a month.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
Mitch, I understand how pissed you must be, thieves suck and should feel the pain of what they do.

But take a few breaths before you do anything drastic. You may be able to borrow a trailer for awhile, put off a race or something. Make sure if you sell and upgrade it's because you want to, not because some low lives cause you to.

good advice

I'll post this up on the websites I visit and my Facebook page,
I hate thieves, I had my great grandfather's Civil War watch stolen via break in.

Last edited:

KILRSVT

Established Member
I use to own an open trailer and called my insurance company to buy a policy on it . They told me it was covered under my truck policy

Users who are viewing this thread