Announcing:

The 3rd Annual Ford Mustang Roundup and Boss Reunion
Sept 20 - 22, 2013
Motorsports Park Hastings
Hastings, NE

fb07c1a9-b60e-4f81-b7a5-1c749920ef6a_zps18e73ed5.jpg

Friday:
Driving School (all levels) - Track Guys Performance Driving Events
Evening Car Show, reception and Ford presentations at the Hastings Museum of Natural & Cultural History

Saturday:
AM: Driver's School - Track Guys Performance Driving Events
AM: Car Show in the Paddock (Mustangs and Fords welcome)
PM: High-speed, on-track autocross
PM: At-track dinner
PM: Drag Races
PM: Bon fire and rides in the infamous Bacardi Bus (you DO NOT want to miss this!)

Sunday:
AM: Practice / warm up
PM: Hot Lap Challenge (who can run the fastest laps within their class)
PM: Awards (Drag racing, car show, autocross and hot lap challenge)

Other activities:
VMP Superchargers and Tuning: Rear-wheel dyno, supercharger installations and/or upgrades
Guest speakers (and drivers) from Ford and Team Mustang
Bon fire & Bacardi Bus Rides

Registration is OPEN. You can register online by clicking here. Sign up before July 1 and save $20. Event costs varies depending on what package you sign up for.

MPH_track_map.png

Sponsors (still adding folks to the list)
Woodhouse Ford
Souix Falls Ford
Chicane23.com
Track Guys Performance Driving Events
VMP Superchargers & Tuning

Check out some of the photos from the 2012 event here... we had more than 45 Boss 302 Mustangs last year... how many can we get in 2013?

This event will get coverage in Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords, 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords, Mustang magazine and Mustang Times. Hoping to get StangTV.com to do a piece on it as well.

See you at Hastings in September!

DSC04914_zps16f6f736.jpg

DSC04972_zpscceca677.jpg

DSC05009_zps4156dbf8.jpg

DSC05046_zpsd942aa8c.jpg

DSC05076_zps701b0e94.jpg

cloud9

Established Member
We have set the trophies for the event and there are lots of ways to win!

We will have three racing competitions including Autocross, Drag Racing and Road Racing. There will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd (except drags) place trophies for each competition. There will also be a Top Pony Award for the most combined points in all three competitions. There will be four classes for cars competing in the racing competition as follows:

STOCK
MODIFIED
RACE
SN95

In addition to the on track competition, we will also have awards for the following categories:

Best Paint

Best Boss

Best Engine

Best GT500

Best Vintage

68 & Older

Best Vintage

69 & Newer

People's Choice Vintage

People's Choice Modern

Top 5 Car Show

We have also added awards for the person traveling the FURTHEST. There will be four awards for North, South, East and West. That means guys like stevespo, PeteInCT, or VTBoss for example should be coming to lay claim to the East, Rick, Drew or Grant for example from the West, any one of our Canadian friends from the North to edge out John :), or YellowBoss or zquez from the South.

Really looking forward to a GREAT event guys (and gals :D)

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Yeah I walked around your car just never seemed to time it right when you were there too.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Sounds good. I'm hoping next year I will get to run a few more events. Car was still broken for the first two races this year and it took me way too long to get it back together. Spare engine is in the plans right now.

cloud9

Established Member
We have set the trophies for the event and there are lots of ways to win!

We will have three racing competitions including Autocross, Drag Racing and Road Racing. There will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd (except drags) place trophies for each competition. There will also be a Top Pony Award for the most combined points in all three competitions. There will be four classes for cars competing in the racing competition as follows:

STOCK
MODIFIED
RACE
SN95

In addition to the on track competition, we will also have awards for the following categories:

Best Paint

Best Boss

Best Engine

Best GT500

Best Vintage

68 & Older

Best Vintage

69 & Newer

People's Choice Vintage

People's Choice Modern

Top 5 Car Show

We have also added awards for the person traveling the FURTHEST. There will be four awards for North, South, East and West. That means guys like stevespo, PeteInCT, or VTBoss for example should be coming to lay claim to the East, Rick, Drew or Grant for example from the West, any one of our Canadian friends from the North to edge out John :), or YellowBoss or zquez from the South.

Really looking forward to a GREAT event guys (and gals :D)
We have added an additional Modified Class and 12 more trophies! We also added a King of The Strip trophy for drag only cars so if you've got a HP beast, bring it on!

The 4 competition classes competing for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in Autocross, Drag Racing, Road Racing and overall points for Top Ford are now as follows:

Stock Class – Cars with no or few performance modifications racing on street tires. (Exception - 2012/13 Boss LS Pzero Corsa & 13/14 GT500 Goodyear Eagle F1 G:2 acceptable for stock class)

Modified Class – Cars with moderate to several performance modifications racing on R-compound tires, still driven regularly on the street.

Modified Outlaw Class – Cars meeting the modified class criteria with one or both of the following additional modifications: Significant non-OEM aero (e.g. wings higher than roofline), coilover suspension systems.

Race Class – Cars with significant performance modifications that are driven only on the track. This category also includes any cars racing on sticker slicks. As with NASA, Conti takeoff slicks from Grand Am would be exempted in the Modified class.

This event just keeps getting bigger and better!

Last edited:

cloud9

Established Member
**Ford Participation Update**

So far we have:

1. Todd Soderquist CD Platform Program Manager (Mustang Planner at the time the current Boss program launched) He will be there with his dad and they'll be driving the 2012 Black LS LS022 and 2013 SBY LS LS022

2. Chuck Drake - Mustang Vehicle Engineering Leader - He is actually bringing 3 family bosses including his father and brother.

That's two father/son Ford teams coming!

3. Rich Morris - Manager of Product Development Investment - He has ordered a new 14MY GT500 that he will be taking delivery of at MPH with us.

Great way to break in a new car!

cloud9

Established Member
Registrations are really starting to roll in now. Make sure you get your hotels booked guys! Also, I know a bunch of you that are planning to go but I don't see your names on the registration list yet. Please get them in to George ASAP so he can make sure he has plenty of transponders, food and drink!

I see we've got one really cool entry that I can't wait to see on track. One of the Ford guys is bringing a 2013 Focus ST :thumbsup:
There are also two 2014 GT500s registered and George tells me they also have a Boss 429 barn find coming for the car show!

Looking forward to a great weekend!

venom62

Established Member
I had a great time at the event as a first timer. I picked up my 2014 Shelby GT500 in April and took my track driving lesson in late June with Randy H. I was fortunate to improve my time over the weekend and finished first in the Stock class in 1:41.8

A GoPro video link of my fastest lap is below

ccfmc

Thanks George for hosting a great event!

Greg

cloud9

Established Member
I had a great time at the event as a first timer. I picked up my 2014 Shelby GT500 in April and took my track driving lesson in late June with Randy H. I was fortunate to improve my time over the weekend and finished first in the Stock class in 1:41.8

A GoPro video link of my fastest lap is below

ccfmc

Thanks George for hosting a great event!

Greg

Glad you made it out Greg and congratulations on your first place finish. You're easily in reach of hitting a 1:39.99 next year so you can carve your name on that clubhouse table!

Information on next year's FOUR DAY EVENT is already up here:

4th Annual Mustang Roundup Sept 18-21, 2014 Motorsports Park Hastings! 4 days!!

Users who are viewing this thread