New enigne pics. (Project Sniper)

NITMARE

Established Member
New enigne pics. (Project Sniper) Updated 11-19

For those of you that haven't followed any of the build here is the original thread

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=448579

I FINALLY got the stuff back from the powder coater ( 3 weeks late ) and thought I would post some pics before it goes in for the final install this weekend. Nothing really flashy about it. I got rid of all the Viper red and went with a textured black. I also had the coolant pipes, throttle linkage, oil pan, k- member, and numerous other odds and ends done in the metallic silver just to add some contrast. The stuff took longer then it should have but everything came out REALLY nice. Not a flaw on any of the parts. I have to go pick up the pulleys and a couple brackets in the A.M....the 2 into 1 charge pipe will also be getting painted on Monday.

You can also see the headers I fabbed up and bolted on now that they're back from Jet Hot...and yes I have to run the header wrap as much as I didn't want to. Vipers have notorious exhaust heat issues and the back two cylinders sit basically in the passenger compartment.

112ym8.jpg

120sa4.jpg

123kp1.jpg

Last edited:

NITMARE

Established Member
Thanks, there will be A LOT more over the next week as it gets all wrapped up.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
love it, looks a ton better than the viper red(and i love the viper red too, lol)!

whats wrong with header wrap? the only bad ive heard about it is that it can cause the headers to rust, but thats only if you dont spray it with the high temp water proof stuff.

NITMARE

Established Member
Thanks guys, I think I am going to get some black header wrap for them. I had a whole roll of the white in the shop so I figured I would see what it looks like..

And I am not against using header wrap. It actually does have some good increased scavenging effect etc...basically I just hate that I had a hell of time building them and they turned out really nice and then went through the trouble of having them Jet Hot coated....only to cover it all up:nonono:

S197man

Established Member
Be careful dude, dont get killed in that thing.

...seriously it's going to take flight.

NITMARE

Established Member
Yep, twin 66's for the time being. Nothing too big till I go to a low comp 510ci bottom end.

Users who are viewing this thread