Heffner Peformance Ford Gt 266+ fly by Texasmile teaser video

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
Like it or not and wether you agree with the timing equipment or the controversy of last weekend, this video was taken thursday in testing and the car went 271.1. Heading to video is 266+...Just so you all are aware 275 to 280 will happen in texas:rockon:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EP_sQ50ORM"]YouTube- Hofman Motorsports Heffner Performance Miami FlyBy Video 266+ MPH[/nomedia]

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Why has no one tried a C6 Z06 or ZR1?

Amongst a few hurdles, the tranny is one if the biggest issues. 5th & 6th aren't happy at the power levels needed to reach these speeds.

Dan - Concerning the GT motor & tranny, do they get refreshes often at these power levels and RPM, or is this combo too new to know?

Does the car have a cage? I know they wanted to get waivers for the GT, but at these speed, you'd be crazy not to have one.

Last edited:

93_408_LX

Established Member
Where's the in car? I assume that was a go-pro so the quality was a bit weak. Want to see more of this hot-rod though.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksxEwo7ySm4&feature=related"]YouTube- 266 MPH: Hofman Motorsports & Heffner Performance Twin Turbo Ford GT - Exotics Rally 4-25-2010[/nomedia]

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
Amongst a few hurdles, the tranny is one if the biggest issues. 5th & 6th aren't happy at the power levels needed to reach these speeds.

Dan - Concerning the GT motor & tranny, do they get refreshes often at these power levels and RPM, or is this combo too new to know?

Does the car have a cage? I know they wanted to get waivers for the GT, but at these speed, you'd be crazy not to have one.

Cage No, these cars were certed to over 220 from factory crash testing and certifications... Motor is coming out after this weekend just to be looked at, It is a very trick piece and has held up amazingly. It was the best test ever for the cranks i had made and we have learned that its one of the reasons the motor is so happy. Yes the cranks in the 5.4 plays a huge role in motor happyness.... Trans is coming out too, as it was popin out of 5th gear. They have a plan for that also;-)

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Cage No, these cars were certed to over 220 from factory crash testing and certifications... Motor is coming out after this weekend just to be looked at, It is a very trick piece and has held up amazingly. It was the best test ever for the cranks i had made and we have learned that its one of the reasons the motor is so happy. Yes the cranks in the 5.4 plays a huge role in motor happyness.... Trans is coming out too, as it was popin out of 5th gear. They have a plan for that also;-)

Cool....sequential maybe?????

A cage would probably be a good idea IMO, as they are waaay past the certified speed. There is no way the factory designed the car for a 250+ crash. A cage doesn't guarantee anything, but just seems wise.

95PGTTech

Established Member
I doubt it would matter in a 266mph wreck. If anything, it would be razor sharp pixie sticks breaking off and flying at you with everything else going on. I could be wrong though, maybe there are some materials strong enough to deal with that type of force, I'm no metallurgist.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I doubt it would matter in a 266mph wreck. If anything, it would be razor sharp pixie sticks breaking off and flying at you with everything else going on. I could be wrong though, maybe there are some materials strong enough to deal with that type of force, I'm no metallurgist.

Drag racer's do it all the time.

The car already has tons of modifications, so a cage would be nothing major and would make the car much safer. At this level, I'd take all the insurance I could get. It's his life and his car, so he can do what he wants.

With this sport getting really popular, it's only a matter of time before we see a big wreck with one of these cars.

Last edited:

overseacobra

Established Member
Will you guys be doing any aero changes?

Do you know why the PPR guys have those boxes in the back of their car?

They hold the airfilters. The Turbos on their kit are so far back a filter would not fit in between the turbo and rear grille.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Drag racer's do it all the time.

The car already has tons of modifications, so a cage would be nothing major and would make the car much safer. At this level, I'd take all the insurance I could get. It's his life and his car, so he can do what he wants.

With this sport getting really popular, it's only a matter of time before we see a big wreck with one of these cars.
land speed cars as well. hell, there are a handful of bikers that have survived 200+MPH wrecks, but i think they may be an anomalie more than anything.
Any one have a link to the motor specs or does any actually know about the motor?
i bet dan knows and i bet he's not telling:D

Users who are viewing this thread