Nightmare Motorsports "Stealth Nozzle".....round 2

NITMARE

Established Member
The unofficial name for the nozzle is the Nightmare Motorsports "Stealth Nozzle". The design is totally unique in that it is mounted INSIDE of a single plane intake manifold. The nitrous and fuel is jetted and mixed via a Y-Block that is accessible at the rear of the intake manifold. From there the nitrous/ fuel mix is dispersed through 8 individual ports in the nozzle....spray pattern varying on application. The nozzle is machined in house out of 6061 Aluminum billet material.

The effect is a faster, more precise delivery of nitrous to the motor compared to a standard fogger plate without the complex plumbing, fabrication, and cost of a direct port system...with one added bonus that neither a fogger or direct port system offer. This system can be 100% concealed if the user so chooses to hide away the solenoids. So whether the objective is to run a totally concealed nitrous system or to avoid having to run a cowl hood due to the increased height of a nitrous plate this system solves a lot of problems for a lot of users. The modifications to the manifold are easy and achievable by the average backyard mechanic requiring only a a couple holes to be drilled and tapped.

Dyno testing began a few weeks ago on a Ford big inch stroker Windsor set up for nitrous use and so far the results have been great! Not only has the nozzle proven to be effective all the way up to a 300hp single stage shot of nitrous but slight increases in power have been seen all the way through the power band naturally aspirated with the nozzle installed. While there is no way for us to verify the reasoning behind the increase my theory is that the tapered nose of the nozzle provides a "cleaner" flow of air to runners as opposed to hitting the flat bottom of the intake.

I currently have the prototype nozzle shown installed in an Edelbrock Vic. Jr. manifold for a small block Ford. I also have prototypes for a small block Chevy manifold as well as a nozzle built to spec for a single plane LSX intake, all of which will be getting tested in the following months by local racers. Work has also began on a modified version of the nozzle for use as a Meth injection nozzle for boosted motors.

I JUST got the website up and going yesterday so there isn't a lot of info on it yet but there will be regular updates on what we're working on plus dyno vids to come for both the nozzle testing and project SNIPER :rockon:

Nightmare Motorsports

29bgfi8.jpg

2gt2lgy.jpg

330zm6g.jpg

2evamti.jpg

ixql1g.jpg

10x7r76.jpg

2r6mecy.jpg

JustaGT5408

Established Member
congrats!!! looks awesome, ill have to get to your shop sometime, ive heard a lot of great things from everyone from dsm, how long till the mustangs back up and running?

RU8TNQT

Im a sexy s.o.b.
Established Member
what a badass idea cant believe no one thought of that before

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
That thing is awesome, nice work. I think it will really take off, and make you a fortune...

NITMARE

Established Member
Thanks guys!

I'm really excited to see how it performs at the track!

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
If i was running a single plane id be down with some LS1 testing!! The nozzle looks killer, i hope it works as well on the track!

Last edited:

deadpres

everyday is caturday
Established Member
slight increases in power have been seen all the way through the power band naturally aspirated with the nozzle installed

I don't know if I'm more surpised at your innovation or this quote. I was almost positive it would hurt airflow N/A. Then again..even if it was down on power, all you'd have to do is up the jet.

Is this the first design or did it take several before you landed on this one?

94venomV8

Established Member
You sir have just made yourself a top contender in the nitrous world. If it works you are going to be a ton of people order this. This would also be good for the Sullivan intake for C heads as well ya know...hint hint.

94venomV8

Established Member
Also I have a question for you, could this nozzle be used for meth in a lower intake? Where is would be spraying meth in all directions but not really down a single port?

NITMARE

Established Member
I don't know if I'm more surpised at your innovation or this quote. I was almost positive it would hurt airflow N/A. Then again..even if it was down on power, all you'd have to do is up the jet.

Is this the first design or did it take several before you landed on this one?

The Vic Jr's for an SBF have a pretty large flat spot that I would suspect adds some turbulence down in the intake. We may not see the same gains in the SBC/LSX/ etc. intakes but we're confident no losses will be found.

I have 17 failed complete prototype nozzles lined up across the front of my desk right now.

NITMARE

Established Member
You sir have just made yourself a top contender in the nitrous world. If it works you are going to be a ton of people order this. This would also be good for the Sullivan intake for C heads as well ya know...hint hint.
We're working on one for a Sullivan intake right now for use on Ryan Vitritto's 2009 5.0 mag King Of the Street car

Also I have a question for you, could this nozzle be used for meth in a lower intake? Where is would be spraying meth in all directions but not really down a single port?
Also something we're experimenting with.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Nice work!!!! Glad to see you follow up with the official pics. Guess this means the patent is on the way.

Users who are viewing this thread