5.4 - 4 valve with BDS 8-71 blower Pro-Street Mustang!!

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
5.4 - 4 valve with BDS 6-71 blower Pro-Street Mustang!!

I got to ride along with Melvin on Saturday as he made a short trip around the block in his badass pro-street machine!
Gotta love those 5.4 - 4 valve engines!! :D

Tune is still being worked on/data logged and Melvin has to put a few miles on this combo before it can hit the dyno.
As good as the torque feels just cruising around, it should make a LOT of power!! :rockon:

Enjoy.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBJ0XfS_ZWk"]YouTube- Fastlane Motorsports Pro Street Stang Drive Time![/nomedia]

Ryan

Last edited:

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
x016.jpg

We can't wait to get the proper amount of break-in miles on it too! As soon as we do, it will be tuned on the dyno. We expect around 800-900rwhp with the current pulley setup. The nitrous spray bar system is just for looks. There are no plans to hook it up. The owner wanted a true street car that would catch a lot of attention for the business.

Last edited:

WeakSauz

Established Member

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Looks like they were posted 4 mins apart dude, c'mon.

I tried making posts last night, and a Network Error showed up, so double posting would be easy to do on accident.

Not saying this is what happened, IDK. Its just what was happening to me at that time

Yep kept having database problems so I tried uploading it twice.
Also had same problems today just trying to log on. Weird.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
I guess the 8.0L Whipple wasnt big enough. :D

How many liter's is the 8-71>
not quite. a weiand 8-71 displaces 436cu in/7.1l per revolution. whipples biggest blower displaces 510cu in/8.3l per revolution.

absolutely SICK no matter what the blower is that, thing just looks amazing! LOVE the wheels too!

question; why does it have tiny front brakes and huge rear brakes? put some GT500 brembos up there, fill up those wheels some!

Last edited:

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
question; why does it have tiny front brakes and huge rear brakes? put some GT500 brembos up there, fill up those wheels some!

Actually it's funny you mention that.
We had Brembo big brakes on it to start with.
Who would have thought that a Carrol Shelby wheel would not clear the Shelby GT500 brake kit?
But the spokes won't allow it (not offest enough).
It's a shame too! We even tried a wheel spacer but not enough room!

Here's a pic when it was originally installed.

X005-7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread